knitnana: In Which I Shake Off Cabin Fever And Go OUT!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Sunday, February 07, 2010

In Which I Shake Off Cabin Fever And Go OUT!

I simply can't complain about having to stay inside in the warmth and knitting socks:

After all, I finished the PSC Claudia Chocolate Cherry Socks! And I love them.

But still, this is the second weekend in a row that we've been snowed in, and while I like my place, and my own company, when the sun shone brightly today, and the city came thru again with the plow? I made like a Bat Out of You Know Where and Flew out the door!

Spent a couple of hours shopping (fabric store, book store, and then a big sale at Macy's). And came home via this:
(click any photo to embiggen)

A young man in our neighborhood granted his young daughter's wish for a castle for her birthday (note the birthday cake, too?)

And what sort of self-respecting castle would it be without it's own dragon? (Apparently the green is spray paint!)

(It brought in quite a crowd - this was chronicled on the local news last night and folks were stopping by all day to visit as a result!)

Aren't those feet something else?

Anyway, I had to get some photos to share with you, but then I came home, turned on the computer and learned that one of my yoga instructors was having a FREE CLASS at 5 p.m. to beat the winter blues!

It was 4:10. I tossed on my yoga togs, grabbed my mat and flew back out the door.

When I got home it was time to get dinner and to finish up some housekeeping. Now I can settle in with...

A couple of the magazines that have landed in my hands or mailbox this week. That's my first issue of Cast On as I'm a new TKGA member. And the Piecework was a no-brainer - that's a new stitch pattern from Barbara G. Walker on the cover - of course I had to pick up this issue, right?

I hope the week is a good one for you. Keep your fingers crossed that the threat of another snowstorm on Tuesday remains just that - a threat!
*wink*
eta...I just learned that I get another snow day tomorrow! The Community College is closed!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy your snow day tomorrow. I am SO JEALOUS. :)

I love the picture of that castle. Wow. What a great dad!

8:51 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Hooray for snow days! I wish we had those here... I absolutely adore that dragon - what a wonderful birthday present. Is the green done with food-coloring, I wonder? Either way, it sounds like you get a well-deserved evening in to relax with those magazine, keeping your feet warm with those gorgeous socks :)

8:56 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

What cool sculptures! Gives you some idea how much extra snow you all have:) I am enjoying Piecework... lots of good stuff in the historical knitting edition, plus BW.

10:10 PM  
Anonymous twinsetellen said...

That birthday gift will be remembered long after clothes or toys are forgotten! Thanks for sharing it.

The socks look as tasty as their namesake. I'm afraid I have to go to work tomorrow through the snow (less than you got, I shouldn't complain). Not many snow days here in Minnesota - something is wrong with that picture!

12:33 AM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

The socks are really beautiful. Those are some of my favorite colors.

The dragon and castle are really impressive!

Did you hear more snow on the way?
*hugs* :)

7:21 AM  
Blogger Brenda said...

What a cool snow castle and dragon! Glad you were able to get out and about. I bought that issue of Piecework mainly for that stitch pattern. I think it would work great in a sock.

5:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your socks!

Those snow sculptures were quite a birthday project. Glad the news picked it up, so they can always have the memories.

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!