knitnana: Five Years? Amazing...
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Five Years? Amazing...

It's snuck up on me! Wednesday's my blogiversary!! (Had I not read Stephanie the other day, I'd have never even thought of it...)

There's one very important thing about this blog experience, as far as I can see. Without each and every one of you reading out there, I wouldn't have made it this far. I love getting your comments (hint-hint!), and I'm overwhelmed by the number of you that I can now call "friend." I plan to keep on here, tho' I have to admit that this month, I've wondered if I should perhaps write a bit less often? It's been a necessity the past couple of weeks, and I've missed it...but it's been a bit easier on me to not be here most every single day. We'll see where it goes when January ends and life calms down a touch...

I think I still prefer having the separation of blogs, too. Nana Sadie's Place lets me go in directions that I think push the boundaries of a knitting blog, so I try hard not to confuse the two...there's a lot of "ME" over there that you don't find here, so if you're so inclined, do stop by.

Wonder if I'll still be doing them both in five more years? *wink*

Today I received a Knitpicks order:

There are six skeins of each of the two colors of their CotLin up there, all planned for this tank. Yes, two sleeveless tanks!

I'd never have thought of trying to make this (tho' I've loved Soleil since I first saw the pattern), but with my weight loss the past few weeks (I'm down a little this week, too, see up there?), I suddenly realized there were a lot of patterns I might consider making now...the Options needle tips are size 6, and the book? Oh, yes. That's Abby's book on spinning. I took her class at Sock Summit, and just didn't *get* the whole bottom-whorl thing, but I've seen her YouTube videos and understood a bit more. My pal, Rae, sock knitting teacher extraordinaire, had this book at our Christmas KnitIn party, and I decided it was something I needed to have.

Hmm...maybe I'll have to write here less often in order to have the time for knitting tanks and learning to spin...whatcha think?

A bit of an update: The Star City Cat Show has come and gone again, and this year was much the same as prior shows. I'm so happy to see all my friends and customers, and to make new ones. This year, I rather enjoyed having my photo taken in front of the booth - we've had to go to different "uniforms" since my weight loss. The shirts we had were always too large, but now? I could probably fit my Big Sis, Sis-in-law, and myself in the one I used to wear! This is still an XL shirt (because it's the only pink one I have), but those are my size 10 jeans it's tucked into...

Compare that gal with this shot from Sept 2008:

What a difference 23 pounds makes!

I bought a couple of kitty-themed dressy t-shirts in size Medium (!!) from my favorite Cat's Closet (Hi, Pat & Chuck!)...I was so excited that the mediums fit!

It's a little unsettling to realize that every piece of clothing I have is now so large that I look weird when I wear them. I'm hoping for a decent tax refund so I can judiciously purchase new, more flattering items...

(and will be putting some things on ebay, others into a yardsale, and finally of course, donating much!)

Because I don't think I want to keep much of this around - I don't want to think I can so easily regain what I've battled so hard to get rid of...
(((hugs)))

18 Comments:

Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Definitely not! You look absolutely fabulous in that picture -- what a wonderful reminder of how far you've come, right? And speaking of that - happy blogiversary! I hope you know how much our connection means to me - I'm so glad I found you this way :)

9:17 PM  
Blogger teabird said...

You look gorgeous no matter what - but you really do look spectacular now. (jealous jealous jealous)

I'm so glad I know you -- happy blogiversary to you!
(skritch skritch for the Meez)

12:58 AM  
Blogger Erica said...

You GO, Sallee! DEFINITELY you need to get some smaller clothes that fit you and get rid of the too-big stuff, even if you have to go to Goodwill to get the new stuff. It makes a HUGE difference in how you feel when you wear clothes that fit. Hmmmm...maybe I should send you some of my 10's....

1:21 AM  
Anonymous Helen said...

Congrats on the weight loss!
I'm about to start that road (again), now that the physical therapists have quit saying I have to REST my hip all the time!

7:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary! I'm so glad you blog - look forward to "hearing" from you.

And, by the way, you look Mar-ve-lous! Remember, buying smaller clothes is a much better reward than a sweet. :-)

7:50 AM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Wow! Conragts all around! You look amazing! And Happy Blogiversary! I've been giving spinning a whorl ;) but haven't had a lot of success with it...I'm going to order that book and see if it helps.

*hugs*
:)

8:08 AM  
Blogger Ariel said...

YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!! And congratulations on your blogiversary. :-)

9:28 AM  
Blogger Plain Jane said...

Happy Blogiversary!!! And congratulations on the weight loss - you look great!!! {{{HUGS}}}

9:46 AM  
Blogger InkyW said...

Happy Anniversary and let me say, you look marvelous!! Congrats on both counts :)

11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look fantastic, congrats on such an accomplishment! It is hard to lose weight!

I'm so glad we've been able to connect this way. You are one of my favorite bloggy people!

2:22 PM  
Blogger VPI Dyes said...

Woweeeee!! You look GREAT! What a difference indeed! Definitely get yourself some better fitting clothes though... whether you make them yourself, get them on sale, go to goodwill... whatever! You deserve it! Do you feel like a million times better? You really are inspiring and making me feel guilty for not making it to the gym today (thank you!)...

I got a KP order today too courtesy of a gift card I got for christmas. My DH hid the package from me though because he knew what torture it was for me waiting for it to arrive with all of my shiny new needles!

9:34 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

Happy 5 years! You look great and sounds like you feel good, too. Keep it up!

9:35 PM  
Anonymous twinsetellen said...

You do look great - and I am very impressed at the tenacity with which you've stuck to the plan.

Happy Blogiversary, and I'm so glad for the connection!

9:39 PM  
Blogger margene said...

Congratulations on 5 years! You look fabulous, just fabulous!

11:52 AM  
Blogger 17th stitch said...

Woops! I guess I missed the blog-o-versary by a day, but congratulations anyhow. You look fabulous with the 23 pounds off and it's been very inspiring to read about your journey to this point.

7:55 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

Work those new jeans, Miss Size 10! :) I'm so happy for you; do pat yourself on the back - - you've earned it!

The Knit Picks order looks yummy and tanks in those colors are going to be beautiful, I'm sure.

Happy Blogiversary too!

10:02 AM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

You look awesome! I am so proud of you for sticking with it, and equally joyful to see that it has opened up new knitting (and spinning!) horizons for you:) You are my inspiration, and the new lifestyle starts officially on Monday... the day after our dye workshop with Sara and grand potluck.

1:56 PM  
Blogger Geraldine said...

Happy Blogiversary Sallee and you do indeed look amazing! I am so proud of you.

3:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!