knitnana: Back on the Upswing?
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Back on the Upswing?

I'm starting the heel of the Chocolate Cherry socks. :)

I do love my socks in stockinette.

And btw...did you notice that ticker? After last weeks' blip on the radar, I'm headed back down again...fingers crossed it continues, you know?

Tonight was weigh-in at Weight Watchers and I dropped 1.8 pounds!

But here's the real news...I went back to Penney's - I was talking at meeting about the "nonscale victory" of wearing this sweater that was the smallest thing I own and it's also been one that I'd wear once in awhile, but it was so tight, I shouldn't have...the leader (I love Meghan) said, "Um...Sallee? That sweater is too big"
HUH?
"Yup. Too big." Everyone agreed with her...

It was the motivation I needed to go see about a smaller top. Except when I got there I saw the Lee Relaxed Fit Straight Leg Stretch jeans. I took the size 12 short in to the dressing room and tried them on. The length was perfect (of course), but the pants were big...on a lark, I decided (totally thinking there was no way in hell) I got the size 10 shorts and also a pair of the mediums.

The shorts were too short (way too short!).

The mediums? I not only got them on (and will have to turn the hem up a touch) but I could sit down in them with the BUTTON BUTTONED and the pants zipped!!

When I checked out? I said to the cashier...Do you know the last time I wore a size 10? She said, "No, when?" (young sweet thing she was, a waif)...
"When I WAS 10 years old!"

Ok...probably not, but almost!!

I do not believe this...I am just totally amazed...And tickled. Of course I bought them (they're a teensy bit snug in the seat, but at the rate I'm going they won't be) and I realized that if I do lose the 12 or so pounds I have left to my goal? I might make it to size 8s yet.

You'll find me over the moon if that happens....

Just in case you needed proof!
*wink*

13 Comments:

Blogger squiggi said...

go!GO!GO!GO!
Congrats!
That has to feel pretty darned good.
Keep up the great work, you'll be there in no time.

8:44 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Hooray!! Enjoy wearing them :)

9:30 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

Congratulations! You are my role model, and I am getting geared up to take on the Flat Belly diet, and conquer my not-so-healthy weight.

10:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

You've reminded me how much I love my size 12 wardrobe (that I've outgrown). Must get back to that!

11:22 PM  
Anonymous twinsetellen said...

Congrats!!!

I really need to be following your lead - the holidays hit me hard, though this last week I've finally turned the tide and am heading in the right direction again. You keep at it and forge the way, OK?

12:15 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You are truly improving your life, Sis. I'll try again to do likewise - been blaming this extra weight entirely on medication(s) over three years !

9:59 AM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

I'll happily be anyone's role model who wishes me to be - as Squiggi has been mine...

Thanks for the good wishes, and
(((hugs)))

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way TO GO!!
Alice

1:15 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Congratulations!
Enjoy your new jeans! New clothes are always a treat, but when you need a size smaller than expected, that's super sweet.

5:48 PM  
Blogger Denise Bein Kroll said...

Way to go! And a great way to reward yourself.

5:56 PM  
Anonymous Dawn in NL said...

Congratulations. It is so nice to go down a size - or two!

Dawn

5:55 AM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

You are an inspiration! It must be an amazing feeling to fit in those size 10s!

Are you on WW on line? I'm there with the same name.
*hugs*
:)

10:01 AM  
Blogger Opal said...

this is awesome! way to go! i'm trying to shed a few pounds myself. you're truly an inspiration. :D

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!