I didn't participate last week because ten jokes? Ha! I barely know one. So this week? It's Ten Things You Always Bring on Vacation...and I'm late getting this published because I've been sick with a rotten sinus infection, so without further ado:
1. My Nook - with plenty of new and fun reading material.
2. My knitting. Usually that means one semi-challenging project, like a summer shawl, and at least one pair of socks or sometimes mittens, usually colorwork.
3. Sunscreen. Whether in the mountains or the beach (which I rarely go to), there will be a constant of sunscreen.
4. Epi-pen. Because you can't leave home without it, if you're allergic to bees, and I am.
5. A swimsuit or two. Primarily because there will be a pool, or a hot tub or best yet? BOTH!
6. My iPhone: Because it's my camera, my contact with friends via Facebook (yes, even on Vacation, and maybe especially so - I have time to enjoy sharing what's up with friends).
7. Birkenstock Sandals. What ELSE would one wear on vacation? This is presuming the vacation is in the warmer time of year, or going to a warmer climate, if not.
8. A HUGE sun hat. Along with the sunscreen, as I am determined to avoid skin cancer at all costs. My favorite is a extra-large brimmed hat that has rings of color from the tip of the brim to the top of the hat. I can wear it with ANYTHING!
9. My big straw knitting basket. Purple and navy it color-coordinates with most of my wardrobe, and holds everything I need for a day at the beach, a picnic in the mountains, or a 3-day jazz festival in Maymont Park in Richmond!
10. Hmm...I don't actually PACK this one, but it's what we will be packing ourselves into to enjoy the summer travels we'll be taking, my Sweetheart and me. It's what we went shopping for last weekend in a whirlwind trip around the state, buying the car in Yorktown, then trundling up to Richmond to show it off to Sweetheart's son, and then back to Central Virginia via Charlottesville. We did a bit of shopping along the way, too, but *gasp* I did NOT buy yarn.
Oh! I forgot to tell you what #10 IS:
(And yes, I'll also be bringing headscarves, because that baby is a vintage Honda del Sol, with a Targa top (which lifts out and stores neatly above the luggage in the trunk! A convertible!)