Who? Me? Stylish? Oh! :)
Thank you, Hazel...it's a treat to think someone thinks this Nana might be stylish!
The rules indicate that I'm to thank Hazel (Oh, I do!) and then to tell you 7 things about myself...I won't even try to think of the things you don't know, because as long as I've been doing this blog you probably have heard it at least once, dontcha know?
1. My annual spring re-evaluation of who/what I am and what I love has begun: I'm totally besotted by anything lavender, denim blue, and honey brown (as in leather, beads, yarn, clothes...). I've had such fun adding things into my etsy favorites listing!
2. I don't suppose that you had any idea that I might be a bag-(hmmm...I almost said a word I shouldn't admit to thinking) so how about "connoisseur?" Well, you know I make bags, but it's hard to admit to you that leather and I go way back...I still eye beautiful leather bags, though I rarely carry one (they're heavy!), but I am going to admit that sometimes they're a necessity, and so I finally (after years of carrying my own creations) purchased and carried to Vermont last August (as part of my carry on luggage) a Jordana Paige Knitting Satchel...Can you imagine what color I bought? *wink* And it's just for flying, which I don't do often.
3. My family thinks it's a trifle bizarre that I not only have a knitting blog, and friends all over the country most of whom I've never met who are knitters, but that my favorite genre for reading is knitting fiction! (I got eyes rolled when I began to explain the plot of my latest read - How to Knit a Love Song.)
4. I'm finally learning a little bit about jazz, and have been enjoying our local public radio station's long-running evening jazz program every night.
5. Not too long after I began my business I purchased a serger and after three years of having it sit, unused, I sold it. I can now understand that it would be very nice to have a serger.
6. I haven't yet decided if I think giving up the extended basic cable tv is okay or not. I am having withdrawal over the news programs...I'm not always home to watch the major network's evening news. And if I let myself get online the next thing I know...it's past my bedtime.
7. My very most favorite blooming tree is in full swing here now: redbud. I adore it most when it's just about to blossom forth, when the color is deep purple...then as it moves from that thru the palest lavender I think, "No! THAT's my favorite shade..." Obviously the redbud is beautiful no matter what (in my mind's eye, anyway).
And then I'm supposed to choose 15 of you to indicate that you, too, are Stylish Bloggers! The hard part of that, you know, is that limiting my list to 15 when I have over 200 that I read thru Google Reader makes this a true challenge.
11. Ellen & Jan
Those are not in any order, promise...I love all of them equally!