knitnana: Ten on Tuesday...I Can Play This Time!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Ten on Tuesday...I Can Play This Time!

Over on Carole it's "10 Reasons To Be Glad It's Spring" and this is one I can play along with easily!

1. I can turn off the heat in the house! (Ok, it's not OFF, it's set at 60. It was 67 in the house this morning, and I could take my shower without bringing the space heater into the bathroom...YAY!)
2. I can turn off the heat and open the car windows! It's wonderful...until I get stopped at a light next to a smoker!
3. Longer daylight! I hate losing that hour, but the tradeoff of more light in the evening is wonderful...
4. Shedding the coat: This has been a rough winter and when combined with my weight loss, I've had a time finding a coat I liked. As a result, I've worn two that I'm "making do" with till I find something better (maybe next year?).
5. GREEN! Ok, I'm not a huge fan of the color in my wardrobe, but I adore it when the trees are leafing in that light yellow green fringe...
6. WHITE! Our Bradford Pears have sprung forth in a mad rush, and in fact this morning on the drive in (it's been 75-80 the past couple of days) the white is quickly disappearing under the yellow green fringe! Wow. That was fast!
7. Strawberries! Yes, I bought two beautiful 1 pound boxes of strawberries from Florida last night for $5. That's not a bad price at all, and they were really good.
8. BIRDS! As I sat in the living room on Sunday evening, I suddenly realized I was hearing "cheap cheap cheap" which is a tell-tale sign of the cardinals nesting. I haven't seen one for a bit, but they're busily preparing for babies in my bushes out front!
9. Grape Hyacinths! The crocuses (crocii?) and daffodils have been out for at least a couple of weeks, but this morning as I headed out the door (it was 65 degrees at 7:45!) I saw, and smelled, the tiny grape hyacinths right by my front sidewalk...I love them so...it won't be long before I see another favorite - violets in the grass.
10. Fiber Fests! Just 3 more weeks till the Olde Liberty Fibre Faire in Bedford, and then, only a couple more weeks and it's Maryland Sheep and Wool. I'm really hoping I can make it this year, but all will depend on how well the Bedford event works for Nana Sadie Rose. So if you're planning on being there, be sure to look me up, okay?

6 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

Great list! I always wonder about the plural of crocus, too!

9:48 AM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Those are a lot of things to be excited about! I love spring, too - even though our springs tend to be grayer than our winters around here (we don't talk about May Gray and June Gloom for nothing!). But the wisteria are in bloom, and the orange blossoms are soon to follow, so I am most definitely not complaining. :)

2:55 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

what a wonderful list! it makes me wish we -had- a spring here! *L*

4:03 PM  
Anonymous twinsetellen said...

What? The rest of the country is getting Spring? Why can't we have it here in Minnesota?!

9:40 PM  
Anonymous AlisonH said...

My Bradford pear is in full bloom too, even though it's been raining for a week.

2:01 PM  
Blogger Carly said...

What a wonderful list! I have hyacinths that are blooming. The Dutch Iris have already bloomed. The tulips are coming up, and the sun is shining. I love Spring as well. It doesn't last long here, and this year it will be straight to Summer, I fear. Thanks for the upbeat posts and the smiles I got from reading your blog!!! Have a great Spring Season!

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!