Ten on Tuesday...I Can Play This Time!
1. I can turn off the heat in the house! (Ok, it's not OFF, it's set at 60. It was 67 in the house this morning, and I could take my shower without bringing the space heater into the bathroom...YAY!)
2. I can turn off the heat and open the car windows! It's wonderful...until I get stopped at a light next to a smoker!
3. Longer daylight! I hate losing that hour, but the tradeoff of more light in the evening is wonderful...
4. Shedding the coat: This has been a rough winter and when combined with my weight loss, I've had a time finding a coat I liked. As a result, I've worn two that I'm "making do" with till I find something better (maybe next year?).
5. GREEN! Ok, I'm not a huge fan of the color in my wardrobe, but I adore it when the trees are leafing in that light yellow green fringe...
6. WHITE! Our Bradford Pears have sprung forth in a mad rush, and in fact this morning on the drive in (it's been 75-80 the past couple of days) the white is quickly disappearing under the yellow green fringe! Wow. That was fast!
7. Strawberries! Yes, I bought two beautiful 1 pound boxes of strawberries from Florida last night for $5. That's not a bad price at all, and they were really good.
8. BIRDS! As I sat in the living room on Sunday evening, I suddenly realized I was hearing "cheap cheap cheap" which is a tell-tale sign of the cardinals nesting. I haven't seen one for a bit, but they're busily preparing for babies in my bushes out front!
9. Grape Hyacinths! The crocuses (crocii?) and daffodils have been out for at least a couple of weeks, but this morning as I headed out the door (it was 65 degrees at 7:45!) I saw, and smelled, the tiny grape hyacinths right by my front sidewalk...I love them so...it won't be long before I see another favorite - violets in the grass.
10. Fiber Fests! Just 3 more weeks till the Olde Liberty Fibre Faire in Bedford, and then, only a couple more weeks and it's Maryland Sheep and Wool. I'm really hoping I can make it this year, but all will depend on how well the Bedford event works for Nana Sadie Rose. So if you're planning on being there, be sure to look me up, okay?