knitnana: 100% of the Senate - Almost 50% of Congress!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Saturday, March 05, 2011

100% of the Senate - Almost 50% of Congress!

*title edited for accuracy*
That's right. That's how many hats have been created or are in process in the Warm Hats Not Hot Heads campaign! We're shifting focus to include anyone (including those pundits you wish would develop the civility to report facts instead of opinion, usually at the top of their vocal range). Today was another of those days where I felt rather lousy (rain and sort of chilly, but also tummy distress courtesy of the antibiotics, I suspect), so I ended up spending a lot of the day with needles in hand listening to the Metropolitan Opera on Public Radio. I finished Representative Morgan Griffiths (R) VA hat and it was on a wish and a prayer that I did so. Here's the yarn I had left:

This is more of the Wool-Ease from my first lace shawl, the same yarn I made Senator Webb's hat from so if this looks familiar, that's why:

I am happy to report that The Meezer was also fascinated by a woman's head (Karen's) being down on the floor, but she seemed to have more interest in providing affection than her little brother was. She rubbed Karen's nose (almost knocking her over) where The Tonk swatted her nose...

The difference between girl and boy kitties?

Anyway, I had time and the inclination to put Representative Robert Hurt's hat on the needles, and got all the way to the point of decreasing. This is a variation of Jared's Turn A Square pattern. I made all the stripes in the body of the hat and will just have black on the crown. And I'm so impressed that this yarn is Vanna's Choice - I'm just amazed at the stitch definition! Isn't it lovely?


Once that's finished, I'm thinking of getting going on the last hat I'll do for a bit, the one for Representative Lowey of New York. Still thinking of the pattern, but I'm narrowing it down.

And now that it's past midnight, I'll publish this and head off to dreamland.
(((hugs)))

4 Comments:

Anonymous AlisonH said...

Very cool. Well done! (And wow on just making it on that yarn length!)

12:53 AM  
Anonymous twinsetellen said...

Turn a Square is such a versatile pattern. It looks great in so many yarns, and your stripe pattern is great with it. But I must admit to being most partial to your blue hats. They are so sleek.

BTW, we are at ALMOST 50% of the entire Congress. Quite a lot less than that of the House, because much of that nearly 50% is Senatorial. Still a very wonderful achievement, though!

8:26 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Hooray for Warm Hats!! And hooray for you for doing so much to get that total up!! :) I'm sorry to hear that you're still hurting - that's not a fun way to spend the weekend. And I'm sorry I'm so behind on blog reading - that Sunday driving up and down the state really put me behind!!
(((hugs)))

12:57 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Great stripes on the hat.
Hope you are feeling better!

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!