knitnana: Ten on Tuesday!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Ten on Tuesday!

I don't often participate in this, but I saw Carole posted this morning, and thought, "Well, I can do that!"

She suggested we share 10 blogs that aren't knitting related. I have a huge interest in the environment and then there's the romantic in me. So most of these have to do with those influences:

1. I love Suzanne Duda's blog because it speaks to the pink-roses, lace, and romance part of me. I sigh a little every time I visit...

2. And the White Bench is much the same, from the perspective of chippy white paint, white roses, and vintage style (especially those vintage teddy bears)

3. There's a part of me that can totally relate to the sudden loss of a job and trying to put your life back together, even if I can't relate to it when one has more than one home to live in, but I enjoy Dominique's writing and she's developing themes of environmental action that appeal to me.

4. I've mentioned Jude's blog before, and I still go for the eye candy. Her slow cloths are fascinating to watch as they are developed. I also enjoy her gray cat, Was.

5. On a "green" or environmental front, Crafting a Green World is a thought-provoking spot with tons of ideas on reusing items in our crafting. Sometimes there are knitting projects, but far more frequently, it's something out of the ordinary!

6. Of course, there's still this part of me that would love to pull up stakes, shed pounds of stuff and live life in a Vintage Cottage Camper...ah, the stuff of living small dreams...

7. Which brings to mind the Tiny House Blog. Some of the neatest places to live and truly, a blog after mine own heart...now if I can figure a way to have a tiny house, on wheels, all in pink roses and lace? I'm outta here...!

8. Of course, that sort of life would be more compatible with a green lifestyle (ok, except for the gasoline to pull the camper) that's in keeping with the philosophy of the gals behind The Green Phone Booth.

9. And I'm still looking, all the time, at reducing expenses, and one of my biggest discretionary spending category is food. As such, I stop by Cheap Healthy Good for ideas.

10. But my absolute favorite food blog is Fat Free Vegan. I'm not a vegan, nor do I live completely fat free, but I have to tell you, these recipes? They are GOOD!

So there's my list of non-knitting blogs...what are YOURS?

3 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

I'm getting lots of new blogs to check out today!

2:16 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Ack! Not more blogs to read! ;) That's a great list to check out!

11:52 AM  
Blogger 17th stitch said...

Now I'm a fan of Suzanne, too! (Just lost 20 minutes of time to scanning her blog...)

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!