knitnana: High Drama

Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie Rose items!

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

High Drama

I tend to sit and watch and listen to the President's State of the Union speech. There are times I want to throw things at the tv, and there are others when I'm in essential agreement with most of what's said...

Tonight, I took advantage of the speech to finalize the first Meeting St. Mitten:

I'm glad to say this wasn't a speech at which I wanted to throw things at the tv.

Nope. I like these mittens too much, and I feel like I've been working on them longer than I want to.

So...50% complete. (Oh and since it was a longish speech, I went ahead and cast on for the second mitten, and got an inch or so up the cuff before I put it away.
;)

10 Comments:

Anonymous twinsetellen said...

What a beautiful mitten! And it looks nice and warm, too.

12:01 AM  
OpenID meezermeowmy said...

umhmm...finished a sock and cast on for the second during the speech. 'Twas a productive evening for the nation, in spite of the politicos. :-)

12:41 AM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

That mitten is so pretty! And perfect for SOTU speech watching.

7:04 AM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

The mitten looks good! And casting on for the second one was smart - I always find that I'm much less likely to succumb to second anything syndrome when it's already on the needles!

3:23 PM  
Blogger Jesse said...

Beautiful! I love love the colors!

4:50 PM  
Blogger Ruinwen said...

That turned out so lovely! :)

11:28 AM  
Anonymous Carrie#K said...

See? Perfect knitting background.

Nice mitten! Tonk has good taste.

6:55 PM  
Blogger 17th stitch said...

Gorgeous mittens! I wasn't sure what to expect when I saw your yarn choice, but the finished product has me utterly convinced.

7:38 PM  
Anonymous Becky said...

Really gorgeous mitten. Hope the other is coming along well.

12:57 PM  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

Nicely done, Sallee!

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782