knitnana: Thursday ALREADY?
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Thursday ALREADY?

Ok...this is a rare question from me: Where the HECK did the workweek go?

{I'll wait while you pick yourself up off the floor, okay?}

I know where mine went, actually: Monday was a holiday and I spent most of it driving home from DC; Tuesday I was felled by the sinus infection from H-E-Double-Hockey-Sticks and spent the entire day in bed (and yes, WMATA, I'm blaming you for that, too!); Wednesday I worked out of the office (again being on the road a good bit of the day) then came home and crashed with knitting; today? My office saw me for the first time all week! Wow! (ok, they weren't all that exuberant but I can pretend, now, can't I? Not to worry, since they know I'll be doing payroll tomorrow, they'll be really happy when I walk thru the door!)
*wink*
Fortunately yesterday, I wasn't the driver for most of the trip, so I was able to knit...on the Senator Mark Warner hat for Warm Hats Not Hot Heads:

I finished it tonight!

Thank you, Karen, for your lovely modeling of the item in question. So that makes three hats for the cause - and all of my immediate representatives covered.

But we're so close to having enough hats to give every single Senator, that a new call went out amongst the Knitters for Civility in Government (as I've come to think of us) that I made a mental note to come home and check my stash. IF there was something suitable for another worsted weight hat, I'd volunteer for one more.

I found a nice skein of vintage Lion Brand Wool Ease in a nice tweed: black and white. I adore this yarn, and have a wonderful K1P1 ribbed scarf (with fringe, no less) that I made myself in the late 1990s. Yes, it's that vintage.

And I'm about 1/3 of the way through the hat tonight...

If I feel as rough tomorrow night as I do tonight? I'll get quite a bit done. My brain is beginning to think this Seaman's Cap pattern is second nature now...and since k1p2 is about the most my brain fog can comprehend, that's a good thing!

Won't you join us? I'll bet there's a Congressional representative who'd love a hat knit by you!

2 Comments:

Anonymous twinsetellen said...

I am loving all of your hats!

and I am loving that it is now Friday!!!

8:53 PM  
Anonymous AlisonH said...

Very, very nice. Well done! I confess to buying more manly colors at the yarn store today: funny how the lace shawls thing has taken over my stash the last several years.

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!