knitnana: Spring is Springing...Hats and More!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Spring is Springing...Hats and More!

I promised these first two photos to Carole today...These lovelies appeared for the first time on Monday (what a way to say good-bye to February, eh?)

And when I got home tonight, these greated me!

If that's not the prettiest sight for winter-weary eyes?

I am feeling better, and tho' I'm not completely over my sinus infection, still the handwriting is on the wall...I felt well enough tonight to finish up an order for Nana Sadie Rose

What do you know? Something besides cats? Yup!

I felt good enough tonight that after work, I dropped by Barnes & Noble to see if they stil had a copy of Piecework's Annual Knitting issue - they did. I'd ordered my subscription hoping they'd begin it with that issue and of course, you know they didn't. When the newest issue arrived yesterday in the mail, I knew I had to rush and see if I could get one...

Obviously they did. Those two issues along with the newest Weight Watchers Magazine are my night-time fun for the next couple of weeks or so...(I don't last long when my head hits the pillow, but I do need a bit of something before I give up and turn out the light!)

What's this?

I also stopped by A.C. Moore. I had a coupon. I usually am very good and only buy one item for the 40% off. Nope. Not this time.

What's it for? Oh, well, you know that Warm Hats Not Hot Heads campaign? Well, I might have volunteered to make hats for the two new Freshmen Republican Representatives from my corner of the state. One is on the needles as we speak and is more of the navy Lion Wool-Ease that I made Senator Webb's hat from. The other will be some striped combination of the black, cranberry, and gray Vanna's Choice you see there (I originally planned to only buy the black to go with leftover cranberry from one of the grandson's hats I made this past Christmas...then I decided it needed something else, so I got the gray.

And the purple Bernat Alpaca? Well, I will have made 6 different men pretty blah and boring hats for WHNHH. I decided I wanted to make a woman's hat. I scanned the list of available names that hadn't yet been claimed and came upon Representative Nita Lowey of NY. I think, perhaps, that it's time for something fun, and perhaps a bit feminine. I like Lowey a lot, having seen her on various interview shows. Hope she likes this very deep eggplant color. (It's certainly jumped out at me at the store, but then that should come as no surprise to anyone!)

I'm off to look for a lovely pattern...

4 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

Yay for spring flowers! Thanks for posting the photos, they are lovely.

6:56 AM  
Anonymous AlisonH said...

Oh that's cool. I hope she totally loves her hat, and thank you for knitting all those!

Years ago I planted a daffodil mix along my front walkway. Somehow it came out that they bloom in waves; the far end is just now fading out and the near end is just sending up buds, and it's as perfectly choreographed all the way down as if I'd planned it that way. I love your daffodils! (And crocuses. I don't know why but nobody in California seems to plant those. Maybe they're like tulips, which have to be dug up and put in the fridge for six months to bloom again here.)

2:47 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Spring flowers are the best!
I hope the Congress people are polite enough to send thank you notes, even if through aides. It would be nice to know that they know how to behave!

8:13 PM  
Anonymous twinsetellen said...

With a good foot or more of snow still on the ground, I appreciate those flowers more than you could know. Almost as much as I appreciate the hats!

11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!