knitnana: More Projects Than You Can Shake A Stick At!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Saturday, March 05, 2011

More Projects Than You Can Shake A Stick At!

All those music keyfobs in the post earlier this week were an order from a friend of my Big Sis' that I received during my visit to see the Hyperbolic Crochet Coral Reef, just thought I'd mention that, as apparently I confused some people (unintentionally, I promise!)

So last night, hearing that my DD was considering a fast trip in to visit this weekend, I scurried to finish a couple of things I wanted her to have, rather than waiting and having to pay for shipping:

My daughter plays the violin, and I had a bit of this wonderful border print fabric with violins on it from years ago (long out of print, sadly). So knowing how much she needs things to corral the huge number of keys she ends up carrying - why do we need so many keys? My key fob is like a dead weight in the bottom of my purse, and if I split them into two? I can't find the right one at the right time, even with my Nana Sadie Rose "a pocket for everything and everything in it's pocket" handbags!! *wink*

Anyway. When I was in Northern Virginia, Big Sis and I shopped fabric stores galore. I do mean that, btw...They have way more up there than we do. (sigh)

I found this delightful kitten fleece print at Hancock Fabrics and bought enough to make a small throw for my baby granddaughter. It's one of the "no-sew" styles, but...

You can probably figure that I can't leave well enough alone. Once tied, I stitch all around just above the ties, to be sure that even if the double sides of fringes come untied, the top and bottom layers don't gap apart. I guess I just think it's safer that way, but maybe it's just that I'm Nana Sadie Rose and the sewing machine has to factor in every fabric-related item I make? Ok...guilty as charged!

I hope she'll love it. (I'm not worried about my daughter, I know she will, I mean my Granddaughter!)
*wink*

3 Comments:

Blogger Plain Jane said...

The pink fabric with kittens on it is perfect for a grand-daughter! {{{HUGS}}}

2:19 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

What a wonderful blanket!! I know your granddaughter will love it - I bet it becomes one of those things that gets carried around long past the day when it still seem reasonable, because it's got so much love in it :)

2:34 PM  
Anonymous twinsetellen said...

I can just see your grandaughter snuggling up in that blanket. So sweet!

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!