knitnana: First Thank You! WHNHH
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Monday, March 14, 2011

First Thank You! WHNHH

I had to rush home to pick up my forgotten checkbook to pay a bill tonight, and when I got there, quickly perused the mail. What I saw made me blink and drew me up short! A missive from the United States Senate!

I didn't, at first, realize who it was from...I knit hats for three senators, but I flipped the envelope over to see that it was from Senator Enzi of Wyoming. At first, I dropped it down on the table to read when I got back home...then on second thought, grabbed it back up. It was rush hour, and I knew there'd be at least ONE stop light I'd have to wait for on my errand...

Indeed, I didn't have to wait long. I tore open the envelope and read quickly. I think I love this line the best:

...I believe in the importance of civil political discourse, now more than ever...gestures like yours...serve as an example for all of us here in Washington.

So true. And I know I, for one, intend to hold their feet to the fire, and make sure they do indeed work towards this civil discourse in their efforts to solve the serious political issues of this day.

I pretty much floated the rest of the evening. I've also packaged up the last three hats to mail out tomorrow.

Hmm...I've only got one thing to say: How come I heard from the good Senator from Wyoming before I heard from the three honorable men (two senators and a representative) from my own home state? All 4 hats were mailed at the same time, and Senator Enzi's had a lot farther to travel!

Hmmmmmmmm????????????

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guess civility is alive and well in the Old
West, Ma'am.

12:42 PM  
Anonymous AlisonH said...

Kudos to Sen. Enzi! (And hey, peer pressure: it can be a good thing sometimes.)

1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I'm impressed.
Janet

6:56 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

What a lovely note! I must say that my response didn't seem quite as sold on the "civil discourse" thing (but then, he was one of the people who needed the hat as a reminder rather than a thank you - they all got the same note, though, and the same hat :) ).

7:41 PM  
Blogger Geraldine said...

How cool is that!

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!