knitnana: Who? Me? Stylish? Oh! :)
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Who? Me? Stylish? Oh! :)

I just won an award from Hazel who was very kind to think that I might fall in the category of "Stylish Blogger!"

Thank you, Hazel...it's a treat to think someone thinks this Nana might be stylish!

The rules indicate that I'm to thank Hazel (Oh, I do!) and then to tell you 7 things about myself...I won't even try to think of the things you don't know, because as long as I've been doing this blog you probably have heard it at least once, dontcha know?

1. My annual spring re-evaluation of who/what I am and what I love has begun: I'm totally besotted by anything lavender, denim blue, and honey brown (as in leather, beads, yarn, clothes...). I've had such fun adding things into my etsy favorites listing!
2. I don't suppose that you had any idea that I might be a bag-(hmmm...I almost said a word I shouldn't admit to thinking) so how about "connoisseur?" Well, you know I make bags, but it's hard to admit to you that leather and I go way back...I still eye beautiful leather bags, though I rarely carry one (they're heavy!), but I am going to admit that sometimes they're a necessity, and so I finally (after years of carrying my own creations) purchased and carried to Vermont last August (as part of my carry on luggage) a Jordana Paige Knitting Satchel...Can you imagine what color I bought? *wink* And it's just for flying, which I don't do often.
3. My family thinks it's a trifle bizarre that I not only have a knitting blog, and friends all over the country most of whom I've never met who are knitters, but that my favorite genre for reading is knitting fiction! (I got eyes rolled when I began to explain the plot of my latest read - How to Knit a Love Song.)
4. I'm finally learning a little bit about jazz, and have been enjoying our local public radio station's long-running evening jazz program every night.
5. Not too long after I began my business I purchased a serger and after three years of having it sit, unused, I sold it. I can now understand that it would be very nice to have a serger.
6. I haven't yet decided if I think giving up the extended basic cable tv is okay or not. I am having withdrawal over the news programs...I'm not always home to watch the major network's evening news. And if I let myself get online the next thing I know...it's past my bedtime.
7. My very most favorite blooming tree is in full swing here now: redbud. I adore it most when it's just about to blossom forth, when the color is deep purple...then as it moves from that thru the palest lavender I think, "No! THAT's my favorite shade..." Obviously the redbud is beautiful no matter what (in my mind's eye, anyway).

And then I'm supposed to choose 15 of you to indicate that you, too, are Stylish Bloggers! The hard part of that, you know, is that limiting my list to 15 when I have over 200 that I read thru Google Reader makes this a true challenge.
1. Jocelyn
2. Birdsong
3. Margene
4. Carole
5. Chawne
6. Lene
7. Rainy
8. Vicki
9. Carrie
10. Alison
11. Ellen & Jan
12. Ruinwen
13. Opal
14. Ariel
15. Karen

Those are not in any order, promise...I love all of them equally!

9 Comments:

Blogger Ariel said...

Thanks so much for nominating me as one of your 15!!!

9:34 AM  
Blogger margene said...

I'm honored! Just don't think of myself as stylish when I'll I wear is jeans. lol

10:05 AM  
Anonymous AlisonH said...

I am honored. Thank you!

1:12 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Oh, thank you so much!! I am honored - I'm in very good company, to judge both by your blog and by the others on your list :)

I, too, am going through my annual rediscovery of all things blue - after finishing a blue and white hat, a blue sweater, and a blue scarf, now I'm craving blue socks!

2:07 PM  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

Sallee, you are so sweet to put me in the Stylish category. I suppose if pajamas with cats can be stylish, then I'm flippin' Heidi Klum!

Kidding. Sort of. I'll do my best to live up to the company in which I now find myself. I'd better start with a few blog updates...

6:34 PM  
Anonymous twinsetellen said...

Ah, shucks. One thing you didn't list about yourself is how nice you are!

Redbuds rank right up there with me, too. They are the flowering tree I miss here in MN. We have a few, but most just don't handle our cold winters.

7:06 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

thank you so much, sallee! what an honor! :D

5:06 PM  
Anonymous Carrie#K said...

Oh, if you could see me in my stylish jeans and tennies, slumming it in my office today. But THANK YOU!!

See why we hang onto things? Now you could use the Serger! Of course, if you'd kept it, not so much. :)

I couldn't give up TV. I'm already not exactly in step with the rest of the world, at least thru it I flip through some popular culture stuff. And for some reason, I would much rather watch it on TV than DVD's, which is a shame, actually.

8:30 PM  
Anonymous twinsetjan said...

Thanks so much! Ellen is right about how nice you are. It's a privilege to be listed with these other great bloggers!

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!