knitnana: Tuesday Notes
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Tuesday Notes

Just a quick post tonight to mention a couple of things - I usually participate in Ten on Tuesday, but the notice regarding it is coming in later and later in the day, conflicting with my work schedule and leaving me with little time to think through a post. I'm going to stop doing it unless I see something that strikes my fancy. This week's would have made you nuts anyway - I haven't seen 10 movies probably in the past 5 years, so how could I tell you anything I liked?
:)
Since I'm always quick to trumpet my weight loss, tonight I have to play by the rules and admit a weight gain! I'm up .2 pounds. No, I'm not freaking out about it, as I've slowed way down on exercise since falling on the ice. I'm recouperating fine, but it's still sore and my back is bothering a bit. Yoga last night was an easier session, as I was the only one in class, so she tailored it to my needs. Nice, but not quite as good a workout!! Of course, there was also that extra night out over the weekend to eat at CiCi's Pizza - and I wasn't as good as I should have been, pizza being one of my downfalls - that and chocolate are the worst.

The power company is apparently on everyone's bad side with this latest increase (which hasn't yet been approved by the regulatory agency). Delegates to the legislature are making noises about blocking the increase. (Wish they'd do that!) But apparently the factor of 3 that my bill increased by is fairly common. It's frustrating, but I don't know what else to do about it...I've raised my heat a bit, as 60 simply was too cold.

The good news is that we're due to have temperatures in the 50s on Friday - but that's only after tonight's 15!

And I've decided to attempt the EZ May Mitered Mittens again. I can now concur with EZ that mittens should be knitted in May creating a store against winter. I will do my best to work on hats, socks, cowls, gloves and mittens (along with shawls) in spring & summer) and sweaters and shawls and blankets in fall & winter!

I have these on my size 5 bamboo dpns once again trying to use up my leftovers of BMFA BFL Sport in Beached. I may like these better...but I'm not far enough along to say for sure yet. But the fabric the size 3s made was way too stiff!

My little joy, The Meezer, has been in a playful mood tonight so when I tried to photo her for this post, she grabbed the camera strap and had a blast.

("little" is a relative term, of course...methinks The Meezer would benefit from her own session with Weight Watchers for Felines...)
*wink*


Oh! One last thing? Have you visited this blog? Such a great site, and such a refreshing persective!

5 Comments:

Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

The mitered mittens are good fun -- I knitted a pair last winter and really liked them (of course, I still have yet to knit the little i-cord ties, although I find them charming) :0

2:12 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

The BFL sport looks to be making some lovely mitered mittens!

The Meezer asked me to tell you not to even think about WW for her. What nerve you have! She's sure playing with the camera strap was very calorie-burning intensive. ;)

9:03 PM  
Anonymous twinsetellen said...

Good for you for not sticking with something that wasn't bringing you joy and was becoming a burden. We can be so good at creating our own pile of stuff to carry around - if 10 on Tuesday wasn't doing it for you anymore, time to be done with it.

And what I would have given for a 0.2 lb weight increase over the holidays. You are doing great!

9:46 PM  
Anonymous dawn in nl said...

Just wanted to say Congratulations on the weight loss. You are doing so well!

The increase is no higher than my daily fluctuation, I am sure you will be back on track in no time.

All the best
Dawn

10:02 AM  
Anonymous Dawn in NL said...

Oh meant to say that I just discovered Needled recently and really enjoy it too.
Dawn

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!