knitnana: I Just Love Productive Weekends!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Sunday, January 10, 2010

I Just Love Productive Weekends!

Except that I always think they go way too fast...which this one, of course, did.

I managed to get two windows in the sewing room covered in plastic (you should see how the plastic bows into the room under the force of the air coming in through the leaky windows!), then unearthed old quilts and woven throws that I was able to clothespin behind my drapes, but over top of the blinds in the bedroom (three windows), the "windward" side window in the living room, and then also in the bathroom. I have had fabric for a long time now that I intend to use to make curtains for that small window, but I imagine you can guess what sort of things take precedence when I'm at the sewing machine, right?

Things like this, perhaps?

A Grand Mera and a solid black Mera, lined with the leopard spots...I adore this fabric and once I started working on the larger bag, I remembered my plans to do a more subdued smaller bag. Mostly, I'm trying to produce samples for this show as all the large bags I'd used for a couple of years were sold at the National Capital Show in September last year (It was time for fresh new ideas, anyway!). But that does mean that I have NONE now...well till I got this one done. I have a couple more large bags ready to go, so you'll see them over then next couple of weeks.

I also finished the Buffalo Gold Reading Mitts:

Yarn: Buffalo Gold Sport (from the Bailout Program at Sock Summit 2009)
Needles: size 5 Clover bamboo dpns
Pattern: Susie's Reading Mitts. There were a few errors in the pattern, so check with Ravelry...there's no errata up for the pattern, but folks have fudged (as did I) to get it to work. Mainly you'll see on the lace row that the small size says to use an odd number of stitches when the patterning is for even numbers. I fudged. And these aren't perfect, one's just a touch longer than the other, which I could block out, but I won't worry too much about them. It doesn't look bad, and they'll be under the cuffs of a coat anyway.
Time to complete: Started January 7, completed tonight - a fast knit and I worked them in around a full day at the office on Friday and all I did this weekend, too.

They are a gift for Dear Daughter, but she knows about them, just hasn't seen them yet.

Thank you all for your kind wishes for her. I know she appreciates them. She'll be fine, life challenges being what they are...

Oh. I also picked up another piece of organizational furniture today at the home improvement store. It, too, was on sale and is bound for the office/knitting room. I'll show you sometime, but I doubt I'll have much time in the next couple of weeks to put it together and start using it...(It's a CD organizer, and I know you noticed the hodge-podge of things I was using for that purpose in those photos down below!)

Hmm..I think I need a pair of mitts, myself! So one item gets bound off, another gets started...tomorrow, I suspect, as it's almost bedtime now.

Have a great week!

7 Comments:

Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

That *is* a productive weekend! The bags are beautiful, and the mitts are just stunning -- DD will love them. You definitely deserve a pair for yourself, to keep your hands warm with all this chilly weather :)

12:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The black purse is very elegant. I must confess that the first thing I thought of was "but, oh, cat fur!"

They do rule our lives, eh?

6:49 AM  
Blogger Ariel said...

The mitts are gorgeous. Your daughter will be nice and cozy each time she wears them.

11:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love those mitts and I really like the black bag with the leopard accents!

My landlord put in the nice double pane windows for us which has been fantastic in terms of keeping the place warm, but our old duplex had the leakiest windows ever. We put sticky velcro tabs on the walls and I cut out thick polarfleece window covers. So every winter, we totally velcroed polarfleece over the windows. Helped, but gloomy.

Stay warm!

3:27 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

The mitts are beautiful! And I like the color reversal on the two bags.

Good luck on blocking the drafts!

8:09 PM  
Anonymous twinsetellen said...

The mitts are really super. A totally solid knit.

11:46 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

The mitts are fabulous! I love mitts. I wear them to drive and sometimes in the house even... we have been writing back and forth about your energy issues, and I sure hope something gives in the situation, though it might have to be the weather.

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!