knitnana: Thank Goodness Tomorrow is Friday!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Thank Goodness Tomorrow is Friday!

You know what? As soon as I typed that title, I thought, well, sorta, kinda, thank goodness - because this weekend is going to be super busy, too...in fact, posting might be kinda light between now and the end of the month!

My job has been really frenetic this week, and even my receptionist mentioned that she didn't even see me yesterday (I usually get out to the front desk, if only to get some water at the cooler, but not yesterday!). I think tomorrow will be a bit slower and there are some things I'll try to finish up before the long holiday weekend, but the heavy "lifting" this week is done.

And then there's this weekend! My last Christmas (may I say "finally?") with another branch of the family, a knit group meeting, the year-end bookwork for my vet and hopefully at least a start on her W-2s...

And I just realized that I have absolutely not one single Knitnana bag to use as a sample at the upcoming cat show! So between now and next Friday, I have to make at least one, and preferably 3! They're popular, dontcha know? I think we'll have a lot fewer bags to choose from this time around, but with the heavy load elsewhere, I've had to make tradeoffs. Samples give folks an idea, and they like to pick their own fabrics, anyway...
(I can probably rationalize just about anything, you know?)

I finished this tonight, though...

It's probably a year-round fabric, but I think those flowers in the border print are very spring-like. That's the second iteration of the Fancy Cats fabric by Makower. I love the several different FC lines they've designed but it makes me completely crazy that they go out of print so fast. They should make longer runs of the prints, if you ask me!

As far as knitting goes? I have no idea about the mittens I'm making. This is the third try, I should probably Just.Give.Up.

Tonight I received two requests to use my Evelyn Clark Heart Dishcloths (TWO!) as the pattern page photos on Ravelry. I love love love those patterns, so maybe I'll just decide to drop those mittens (it's supposed to be 55 degrees tomorrow, anyway) and knit a few dishcloths. That should be easy enough (oh, what am I saying? EC's designs aren't automatic at all, so I have to follow the directions - someday I should chart them!)

Still...They're quick, mostly simple, pleasing...but not quite mindless...

And of course - next month is HEART MONTH! (Is there a better time to knit hearts?)

In fact? February 5 (that's a Friday) is National Wear Red Day. I was at JCP last night and discovered the Heart Truth t-shirts for $7.99...I hope they still have them next week after payday - because I've got my eye on one of them!

(So, pull out your red if you have it and if you don't? Get some! Heart disease doesn't care what you wear, but wear red to honor the day, okay?)
((((Hugs))))

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That bag is absolutely charming!

Congrats on having your projects selected to represent the patterns. Isn't it a hoot to get that message?

Hugs!

11:16 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Red it is!

I love that bag -- that one will get snapped up quickly. And congrats, indeed, on the request to have your knitting up on the pattern page. That's so fun!

11:41 AM  
Anonymous twinsetellen said...

I went right over and checked out your dishcloth - sweet!

I wonder if fewer samples will actually help sales - less to confuse people with. Good luck with all you have to do for the weekend, regardless.

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!