knitnana: Round Two - With a Sucker Punch?
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Round Two - With a Sucker Punch?

Oh yes, there's another storm on the horizon. Yippee-Skippee!
(sigh)
We only just made it back to work this morning (late opening, but still - there are grants to submit and deadlines to meet, and we were busy, busy, busy till the "closing bell" and will be again tomorrow!).

The storm is supposed to start overnight tomorrow night and go right on thru Saturday. All sorts of numbers of inches have been bandied around, but the smartest thing I've heard has been, "We'll wait till Thursday morning before we even start talking accumulation forecasts" - that wisdom came from my favorite weatherman, long-time WDBJ-7 forecaster Robin Reed. There is, however, a Winter Storm Watch in effect. The mid-Atlantic is due to be slammed - they're mentioning 1983, and folks I remember that one. NOT a fun proposition...but I have knitting, and tea, and Mozart, and jazz, and The Meezer. I'm sure we'll survive. I just hope we keep power, as I do have a bit of work to do, too, which will require both the Dell and the Bernina!

Something interesting jumped into my mailbox from Debi this morning and I've been thinking about it all day...I know at least one person who desperately needs to learn this lesson:

"If you argue with reality, you will always lose."
--Joan Borysenko

Very smart lady, that Joan. My reality? I've lost some weight. I'm wearing smaller sizes. But: that only means I have to work harder at slenderizing the smaller me. (I went to JCP and I did buy a couple of things - the 80% off made it hard not to - but while they fit? They're lumpier than I'd like! I bought the least lumpy...but I'll be pulling out the free weights and trying harder at the lower back exercises that are also tummy tightening! lolol!

It's always something, right?

Oh. I guess you really, really would like to know what shawl I'm knitting? It's Ishbel from Ysolda...one of the gals in my Sunday knitting group was wearing one, and I just thought it was the prettiest thing. At present, I'm still in the stockinette portion of the shawl, so it's only a larger version of the photo from last time, but soon, I promise, there'll be something pretty to look at.

And also, yes, after a professional fitting tonight, I will definitely be casting on for the XS (36) version of Soleil and as Barbara-Kay reminded me tonight? Smaller sizes of patterns use less yarn! Another Yippee!! (But no sarcasm in this one!)

So. Tomorrow night, there's a fundraiser at a local Mexican restaurant for our YWCA. After the vet's payroll? I'm ditching my Thursday knit night (sorry, gals) and going off for Mexican with my Sis-in-law. I might use all my extra points (Or maybe not, since I'm very cautious about those and never use them all). But there will be wine...yes, indeedy there will be. After all, one must fortify oneself against the onslaught of snow, sleet, and freezing rain.

Batten down the hatches!

8 Comments:

Blogger Birdsong said...

Hope that the predictions aren't as bad as they sound in the end... we just came out of some weather like that and it disrupts things. I love Soleil, and am so glad you are going to make it! I have been increasing my exercise the past month and am glad you reminded me why I have to stick with it... don't have the elasticity I once did. I thought you looked fab in that photo at your booth!

10:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have a flood watch here on the Gulf Coast for the same time period. They're saying 1-4" rain tomorrow.

Hey, I was in NJ in '83. Every time DH used the snow blower to clear the driveway, the snow plow filled it back in! Had to dig out the mailbox, even. Enough, already!

10:50 PM  
Blogger Sandra said...

Don't hate me because I am vacationing in Key West right now....

12:02 AM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

It does sound like we are going to be slammed again...*sigh* You know that a child is maturing when they beg the PTB not to let them miss another day of school because they don't want to be going all summer.

That shawl is just the sweetest thing...I'm downloading it right now...I love the way it can be scrunched up like a scarf.

Have fun at your fundraiser...I always save those extra points for the weekend so I can eat something nice. I only dip into them here and there and make sure I leave about 10 of them at the end of the week and that seems to work for me...but every body is different.

Regardless, be safe in the coming storm and stay warm. *hugs* :)

7:21 AM  
Blogger Dana said...

Have fun tonight at your fundraiser and by all means, you and Meezer keep each other warm this weekend. :)

The shawl is breathtaking!

9:58 AM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Or maybe a margarita? ;) Definitely batten down those hatches and take care of yourself!! Weather like that can get a bit scary... :)

3:43 PM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Yay for the size 36 Soleil! And certainly by summertime. Congratulations on your continued success. Tastes good, doesn't it?

I love the bags you've been making! I'm so far behind on you, I figure I'll just jump in when I can. I keep thinking I'm going to resurrect my blog but I can't keep up with anyone else, much less my own.

Stay warm!

4:56 PM  
Anonymous twinsetellen said...

It is true, the last pounds are harder - you aren't doing the work of carrying those pounds that you already lost around all day! But your energy will be higher and I know you will do it.

As for batten down the hatches - sounds like you really mean "down the hatch"!

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!