knitnana: Old Man Winter...
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Friday, January 29, 2010

Old Man Winter...

Will not let go this year...

map from TWC
Let me tell you, they're calling for between 8 and 12 inches of snow in Roanoke between tonight and 1 a.m. Sunday morning! Again!

We just don't *do* snow...

But I love it. I really, really do. Not to drive in it, tho' I can, but because over the past 3 weeks, I've not had a day off. Tomorrow? I am going nowhere. Well, maybe out to shovel the walk, tho' they say this will be dry snow, so perhaps I'll just have to sweep, ya know? (that's too bad in a way, because yesterday I learned of a restorative yoga class tomorrow that I'd planned to take, and I suspect it will be postponed now. Restorative yoga is right up my alley after the month I've had...

I hurried home tonight, and started laundry - I hate to go into the basement when it's as frigid as they're saying it will be (and it's cold now, but 8 degrees is worse!)

So I'm ahead of the game for the weekend. All the clothes are finished (tho' I still have some folding to do) and so are these:

Thirty one pairs of handknit socks. And yes, there's another pair on the needles (and there are even a few pairs still in the sock drawer...Oh! And one pair on my feet as we speak!)

I have plans for this weekend...organizing plans, planning plans, knitting plans, reading plans, kitty-playing plans, thinking plans - I'm sure I have far more plans than time. (Isn't it always the way?)

On the knitting front, I finally got gauge on the Knitpicks Cotlin tonight, but I had to go down a needle size so this was knit on my Harmony's instead of the metal Options (sigh, I like those Options!):

The row gauge is too long by half an inch, but you know what? I had planned to make Soleil a bit longer anyway - I still might put on a fourth repeat of the lace edging, we'll see. And I played a bit in the yarn stash and discovered a couple of yarns I'd set aside thinking I'd never use as I didn't have enough to do much with it. Now with the smaller size I wear? There is probably enough to make a tank or two...Serendipity!

OH - and then there's this juicy tidbit from the January 2010 TKGA newsletter: knitting burns 100 calories an hour!

NOW I know why I'm doing so well on Weight Watchers! There's a semi-snarky leader - NOT my Meghan! - I can't wait to give that little bit of news to - she's the one who told me that I really couldn't count yoga as exercise because it was too relaxing...
teehee
(((hugs)))

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please don't over-do on the snow removal...it's not worth it!

Enjoy a weekend of cozy knitting. After all, you need more socks. :-)

1:12 AM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Umm, not counting yoga? No way! And I'm all for burning calories by knitting :) It sounds like you have a perfect weekend planned -- enjoy a well-deserved break!

12:23 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

Wow, the sock number is impressive and in a relatively short period of time too I'd say!

3:47 PM  
Blogger VPI Dyes said...

So if I bring my knitting to the gym and knit while doing the stationary bike or elliptical, how much does THAT burn off an hour? LOL!

8:33 PM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Wow socks! That is really amazing how many you have and the beautiful colors they are!

Not counting yoga...yoga is a exercise that constantly challenges you by giving all you have to the poses. BAH. The WW site says that you get one point back for each 1/2 hour.

Enjoy your break and be safe! :)

8:22 AM  
Anonymous twinsetellen said...

I'm reading your recent posts in reverse, and I just have to say - thank goodness you haven't lost your weight in your feet! It would be such a shame to say goodbye to all those wonderful socks.

And - you have helped me eat right while on this business trip. I literally told myself more than once, "If Sallee can do it, so can I". Thank you, dear friend!

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!