knitnana: In Which I Shake Off Cabin Fever And Go OUT!

Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie Rose items!

Sunday, February 07, 2010

In Which I Shake Off Cabin Fever And Go OUT!

I simply can't complain about having to stay inside in the warmth and knitting socks:

After all, I finished the PSC Claudia Chocolate Cherry Socks! And I love them.

But still, this is the second weekend in a row that we've been snowed in, and while I like my place, and my own company, when the sun shone brightly today, and the city came thru again with the plow? I made like a Bat Out of You Know Where and Flew out the door!

Spent a couple of hours shopping (fabric store, book store, and then a big sale at Macy's). And came home via this:
(click any photo to embiggen)

A young man in our neighborhood granted his young daughter's wish for a castle for her birthday (note the birthday cake, too?)

And what sort of self-respecting castle would it be without it's own dragon? (Apparently the green is spray paint!)

(It brought in quite a crowd - this was chronicled on the local news last night and folks were stopping by all day to visit as a result!)

Aren't those feet something else?

Anyway, I had to get some photos to share with you, but then I came home, turned on the computer and learned that one of my yoga instructors was having a FREE CLASS at 5 p.m. to beat the winter blues!

It was 4:10. I tossed on my yoga togs, grabbed my mat and flew back out the door.

When I got home it was time to get dinner and to finish up some housekeeping. Now I can settle in with...

A couple of the magazines that have landed in my hands or mailbox this week. That's my first issue of Cast On as I'm a new TKGA member. And the Piecework was a no-brainer - that's a new stitch pattern from Barbara G. Walker on the cover - of course I had to pick up this issue, right?

I hope the week is a good one for you. Keep your fingers crossed that the threat of another snowstorm on Tuesday remains just that - a threat!
*wink*
eta...I just learned that I get another snow day tomorrow! The Community College is closed!

7 Comments:

OpenID runswithneedles said...

Enjoy your snow day tomorrow. I am SO JEALOUS. :)

I love the picture of that castle. Wow. What a great dad!

8:51 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Hooray for snow days! I wish we had those here... I absolutely adore that dragon - what a wonderful birthday present. Is the green done with food-coloring, I wonder? Either way, it sounds like you get a well-deserved evening in to relax with those magazine, keeping your feet warm with those gorgeous socks :)

8:56 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

What cool sculptures! Gives you some idea how much extra snow you all have:) I am enjoying Piecework... lots of good stuff in the historical knitting edition, plus BW.

10:10 PM  
Anonymous twinsetellen said...

That birthday gift will be remembered long after clothes or toys are forgotten! Thanks for sharing it.

The socks look as tasty as their namesake. I'm afraid I have to go to work tomorrow through the snow (less than you got, I shouldn't complain). Not many snow days here in Minnesota - something is wrong with that picture!

12:33 AM  
Blogger Ruinwen said...

The socks are really beautiful. Those are some of my favorite colors.

The dragon and castle are really impressive!

Did you hear more snow on the way?
*hugs* :)

7:21 AM  
Blogger Brenda said...

What a cool snow castle and dragon! Glad you were able to get out and about. I bought that issue of Piecework mainly for that stitch pattern. I think it would work great in a sock.

5:20 PM  
OpenID meezermeowmy said...

Love your socks!

Those snow sculptures were quite a birthday project. Glad the news picked it up, so they can always have the memories.

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782