knitnana: Saturday of the Storm..
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Saturday, February 06, 2010

Saturday of the Storm..

This just seems to never end...and for some bizarre reason, I'm drawn to the same old photos over and over (I promise, I'm taking new ones, not recycling!)
This is what met my eyes at 10 a.m. when I opened the door this morning...

It was still coming down, and that snow was heavy and wet, mixed as it was with several hours of sleet and freezing rain from last night. I went out and shoveled a path, but as heavy as it was, I just couldn't stay out in it. My neighbors had criss-crossed the parking area to provide pathways, in the event the postal worker came by...and I widened a couple of them but couldn't even face clearing off my car. The snow was so heavy, and I am so sore from yesterday's hard work!

The Meezer was absolutely no help. She was determined to encourage me to be a sloth...
Stay in with me, Mommie

I got breakfast and coffee and watched a bit of TWC to see what was up with the storm. Haven't heard from Big Sis and so I'm watching the area. They might not have power, I suppose...

But then, I heard scraping outside, and knew...sure enough - my neighbors were out and shoveling. So I couldn't hold out any longer, and back out I went...

By 12:30 we were done.

Where did we put it?

That's my neighbor's vintage Porche right behind that mound...

And the snow plow came thru so I went up and shot this photo of the street above my place - it's certainly pretty (and I do love snow, I just don't like shoveling)

The hard work is done, and the snow is tapering off:

We just might be finished with that mess - till Tuesday when apparently there's another storm on the horizon! (sigh)

We haven't had this much snow in many, many years.

I did enjoy the Knitter's magazine last night, and there are several sweaters (!) I'd like to make. But this vest popped out at me before I even bought the magazine:

Yumm...cables and lace! I can see it in aubergine, can't you?

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're staying warm!

I like the picture of your townhouse complex. It looks very home-y!

2:54 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

What a pretty snow! But shoveling wet snow is a drag. I hope you get a respite.

That vest is pretty. I have to say, The Meezer seems to have a good plan for snow days!

3:20 PM  
Blogger Plain Jane said...

That's a beautiful vest - even the ribbing has a lacy element! {{{HUGS}}}

3:36 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Ooh, that's a lot of snow! Be careful with that shoveling, especially with the snow so wet and heavy :)

6:16 PM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Wow! I'm impressed you have pavement! Our town is still closed. There was a car stuck in the intersection outside of our house so the plows couldn't make it down here...

Nice to see Meezer is looking after you...and that vest is really lovely.

Take it easy tomorrow and be good to yourself okay?
*hugs*
:)

8:27 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

That is a LOT of shoveling! I am glad to hear you are doing ok, as the reports here are calling your storm a "Snow-apalyse" and "Snowageddon"! Lovely vest that would look very nice in aubergine, but remember to adjust the length to your more diminutive height.. that is probably a 6 foot tall model!

11:50 PM  
Blogger Geraldine said...

I LOVE the snow pics Sallee. We have NO snow at all, here in Interior BC. It looks like spring actually. Send some this way ok
!

Im on a blog break right now but stopped by via Ravelry. WOWSA, that is some impressive weight loss. Well done. Is Meezer impressed too? Should be.

Hugs to you, G

3:49 AM  
Blogger squiggi said...

I think you can thank our part of the country for your snow. We're having unseasonably warm temps here. It was 60 degrees yesterday!
Good thing you can hunker down with soup and yarn.
That's what I'd do!

9:04 AM  
Anonymous twinsetellen said...

Ugh, I'm finally catching up on reading as I eat breakfast in preparation for going out and shoveling our latest snowfall (and go to work). What a big job for you - ours isn't as deep, but we have waist high piles of snow on either side of the driveway already and so the heaving of even a couple of inches out of the driveway takes some energy.

Per the vest - nice, but is there a way to add some shaping? After all your work, that silhouette won't do you justice! Regardless, a nice strong color like aubergine is just the ticket.

7:30 AM  
Blogger teabird said...

I think aubergine would be much better than the pink, which is way, way too girly for those cables.

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!