knitnana: Labor Day!

Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie Rose items!

Monday, September 07, 2009

Labor Day!

Can't believe it! I did it. I've made it through the entire Labor Day without touching the sewing machine, tho' I must admit, I had a moment or two of "I could make..."

I didn't give in to it.

Instead, I knit - finished the fringe on the Homespun Prayer Shawl so that is number three of my Basket of Shame items completed - and I can't tell you how happy I am to cut it out of the "In Progress" items on my sidebar and paste it into the 2009 Completed list!!

I also finished the first plain vanilla STR Beached sock, and put the second OTN. And knit a little on the Corrugator Scarf for Red Scarf Project.

And then, I picked this up tonight...

The Diamond Fantasy Shawl in Schaffer Andrea silk. I'm listening to Laura Nyro's Greatest Hits, but I probably should be listening to Renata Tiebaldi, since that's the Andrea colorway I'm knitting...still, I won't be knitting it long, as I have that wine sitting there, sipping on it. Lace and wine don't mix, even if the pattern is an easy one.

The Meezer hasn't known what to do today - tho' she kept her station, and kept the sewing chair warm:

What? No flash, Mommie? Well, okay, I'll let you show my eyes, then...

It's back to work tomorrow - hope your week goes well...

4 Comments:

OpenID meezermeowmy said...

DH always complains that Casper, his meezer, runs ahead to flop in DH's desk chair. It's a guaranteed attention-getter. Interesting that The Meezer likes to occupy your sewing chair, too.

9:41 PM  
Anonymous twinsetellen said...

LOL - I noticed the wine right away and wondered how the lace was going! It looks beautiful. Keep at it, we want to see it done!

9:51 PM  
Blogger KnitYoga said...

The diamond fantasy looks beautiful! Looking forward to seeing it when it's complete!

12:37 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Ooh, that is some gorgeous knitting! Congratulations on suppressing urges to do anything but enjoy your day off :)

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782