knitnana: I'm Still Here!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Sunday, August 30, 2009

I'm Still Here!

It's been a busy weekend...beginning on Friday night. So I've not been in the best place to post and for that I'm sorry - I worried some of my readers/friends and I do not ever want to do that! Please forgive?

As I might have mentioned, I'm trying to finish up orders and also create stock for the cat show in two weekends (sigh - that ticker just keeps ticking up there, doesn't it?). So Friday was a night for cutting madly, because I knew that part of my Saturday would be filled with this:

The littlest grandson turned three last weekend, but certain members of the family went north for a family reunion (I will no doubt be required to attend next summer, since they now know I will get on a plane). We congregated at the local pizza shop - yes, if you look closely you will see a pizza I couldn't have dreamed up had I wanted to - mac and cheese pizza! (Only a child could love it - some guy at the buffet said to my bemoaning comment, "well it fills them up." Touche, but with white flour and fake cheese?)

Anyway...the last order I had to finish before going away was one I unexpectedly received while at Sock Summit, for two of these:

You may remember the Violette I created for Jocelyn? Well it drew attention when I delivered it to her, and immediately 2 "identical, but different" Violettes were ordered. You can see, the covers are "identical" (same fabric) but inside?

Different...

If you ask me? Viva a difference! :)

And yes, they took ALL day yesterday, just to sew (the cutting and such happened on Friday - these are very labor intensive, but I think folks really like them! (I hope so!)

Today, I cut a lot of bags to sew this week, and finished this one:

I don't wear these colors, but I'll tell you I love love love this bag! (I know, do you think I ever dislike any of them? No, they're ALL my "chidren" and I love each one...just differently!)

I went to bed after midnight last night, and while I still have the Trekking socks OTN (and will finish them this week, late, but that's okay), I decided I couldn't wait any longer to put my STR Beached colorway OTN...
Those are my Addi Lace needles - and you know, I didn't plan it, I swear, but the cables are blue - and do they ever coordinate with this yarn - teehee...that's Knitnana, right? Color-coordinated all the way?

I did have "help" this weekend, of course:

She won't let me in the bedroom, tho' I tried and tried to make her...with my Siamese voice

I guess I'll just have to give up. She needs me in here anyway.

Meeze, you're so good to me! *wink*

8 Comments:

Anonymous twinsetellen said...

It is no surprise that you got orders for Violette already - it is a wonderful organizer! Ever since seeing Jocelyn's blog post I have been fantasizing about ordering one. I will wait until after the cat show weekend to make that fantasy come true - I don't want to make you crazy!

Cheers!

7:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you have been busy! Hope you will have a wonderful cat show this year.

9:46 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Ooh, I love those new Violettes! I hope someday they'll meet their sister cases in the real world :) And I also love that Beached colorway, remind me that I want some someday, k? Just after this recession ;) The show will be over soon and then you can sleep!

10:19 PM  
Blogger Plain Jane said...

That rust colored bag would go great with either a denim or black outfit and really perk it up. Beautiful work! {{{HUGS}}}

11:50 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

That rust colored bag is my colors! Gorgeous.

Hopefully you can rest after the next show but is that very likely to happen? In this lifetime? ;)

5:00 PM  
Blogger Denise Bein Kroll said...

oooh I love the colors in that bag too! I've been going back and forth about ordering something and seeing that fabric really is tempting. Do you think you'll have any left after the show?

10:08 PM  
Blogger Knitcrazy said...

Tell me about your beautiful Violettes??? Are they for circular needles?? I had in mind that I wanted to make something like those coupon holders but for my Harmony needles and cables.. is that what you have created here??? They are Fabulous...
Penny

7:29 PM  
Blogger Tan said...

I love that bag too, but I DO wear those colors! Too bad I am broke.

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!