knitnana: Ten On Tuesday - Thanks Carole!

Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie Rose items!

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Ten On Tuesday - Thanks Carole!

I finally signed up for the reminder, and perhaps I'll get this done before I read Carole's from now on?

My 10 Traits You Look for in a Romantic Interest are as follows (and realize there's no one filling the bill these days, so this list is open to change!):
1. Is Intelligent - I don't care about IQ, I care about the ability to think and...
2. Has the ability to communicate with words and full sentences (a grunt or nod just won't cut it) - enjoys conversation, too, about a lot of things, not just what happened at work.
3. Not afraid to hold hands in public - in short, something of a romantic.
4. Is perfecting willing to indulge in his own fascinations/passions and allow me mine (i.e. knitting, sewing...) - I'll stay home and knit, he can head to the golf course (or whatever)
5. Has a good sense of humor, but not one that's crass - you know?
6. Loves opera, the symphony, the theatre, and yes, even ballet
7. Doesn't mind stopping at yarn shops and fabric stores
8. Thinks the best way to "win/woo" me is with flowers, dinner out with a good red wine, a back rub (hmm...probably right)
9. Shares my political and religious beliefs (because I don't wanna fight anymore)
10. Loves to cook (or alternatively enjoys trying new restaurants). (Guess why?)

7 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

Nice list. I agree about the political/religious thing, too. I know too many couples who fight about that stuff.
Hope you find your dream guy!

4:53 PM  
OpenID meezermeowmy said...

Sounds like you're describing my DH, also known as my "Patron of the Arts". Some of those arts happen to be fiberlicious!

5:14 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Those sound good to me! I'd definitely go along with that list (and add reading to the symphony/ballet/etc bit :) ). :)

7:19 PM  
Anonymous Carrie K said...

If I met a guy like that, I might actually go for a romantic interest again.

8:08 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

You are such a confirmed romantic:) I also happen to know that the last one's on the list because you are hoping to find someone who likes cooking a lot more than you.

9:38 PM  
Blogger teabird said...

(I hope my DH isn't listening) If you find that guy, may I clone him?

10:06 PM  
Blogger Geraldine said...

That's a good list Sallee. Now to find the right man, they are hard to find...

I have a tribute to Mitz on my blog right now, thought you might want to read this.

Hugs, G

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782