knitnana: You've Probably Seen This 1000 Times or So, But...
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

You've Probably Seen This 1000 Times or So, But...

Knitters attempt to break Guinness World Record

I was there!!
Ok...such a dorkie thing to be excited about, but I am...

And this is what I knit! I cast on 48 stitches and knit two rows before I got there, to avoid having something to struggle with...then just gartered. Of course, it's the dark amethyst shade of Mission Falls 1824 Wool. I'm debating whether to frog it or not.
:)
I am working on photos and plan to do a couple of posts rather than one huge one with many photos. I think maybe one of events and one of purchases/gifts - the goodies, dontcha know?

I will tell you that it was totally amazing. Well beyond what anyone could have anticipated. So many people - all knitters (ok, I'm sure there were some family members who weren't, but they were supportive of knitting) all in one spot.

I Kinneared Stephanie:

(tho' she immediately said you can't kinnear with a flash - ok, but she didn't know I was taking it till the flash went off! And I'll tell you that the graininess of that photo? You should have seen the one without the flash - a total mess. Um...why yes, I'm a rotten photographer, why do you ask? *wink*)
Mostly? This is how we saw Stephanie...notice the ball of yarn on the table in full focus? Stephanie is a blur. She always was. I don't know how she stayed upright, but she did. She must have been beyond exhausted.

I know by Opening Night Reception they were both (she and Tina) a tad punch-drunk.
Hmm...might have been a bit of beer involved in that.
:)

5 Comments:

Anonymous twinsetellen said...

I sat right next to Juanita - how fun to see her again in video.

I'm looking forward to your posts and to comparing what we each found in the market.

8:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you should frame that bit of knitting - your share of the record, after all. Take it to the cat shows with you - a conversation piece!

11:33 PM  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

How fun was that?! Terrific, Sallee!

7:50 AM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

Great to see you were part of setting a world's record... I agree with Meezermeowmy, save it as a conversation piece! I am looking forward to more...

2:31 PM  
Anonymous Carrie K said...

One of the events and one of the purchases/gifties sounds perfect! AFTER you've rested up. The red eye is evil and your time zone is the wrong way going home.

Yes, frame it! It's a Happening keepsake.

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!