knitnana: Saturday Update...
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Saturday Update...

Today has been better, tho' tonight I'm feeling as if I did too much. Probably did. You know me.

I scurried up to the post office today to meet a gal from the cat show to deliver her bags. While there I stopped at my box. I'm ashamed to say that I haven't been there in awhile. Here's what I found:
Birdsong asked for her friends to send her remnants of their sock yarns so she could make a Friendship Shawl. I mailed a small envelope of several different colorways off to her right away, and completely forgot that she'd be sending back to me what she called a "pocket angel." When I opened the envelope I was delighted. And immediately trundled down the road to a small local jeweler - they were kind enough to put a small hole thru it and add a jump ring for a little bit of nothing and I brought it home, and found a nice little chain to put it on to wear around my neck. Pocket angel? Well, I don't have pockets as a general rule. So this is much better for me! Thank you Birdsong...what a lovely gift.

I also had to attend a memorial service today, so that took up a portion of my afternoon. I started an order this morning that I will deliver at Sock Summit next month, and finished when I got back this afternoon:
Jocelyn ordered this with the intent of receiving it in Portland when we see each other.
That isn't orange. My camera does NOT want to photo the coral flannel I used. The green is a touch more to the side of sage, as well. I'm pretty pleased with the way it turned out (since it's only the second Violette I've ever made).

Then I began to work on the bags and accessories I'm planning to take on the Portland trip. I don't often make items for me, I usually just start using what is still around after a couple of shows. Tonight, I made a coordinating Oressa doublepoint needle case to go with my Violette.

And here is the inside:

Now I'm off to find the heating pad and pick up Shawl That Jazz. I worried I won't have that done for the trip. It's been such a slog!

And that ticker is just ticking away up there - 18 more days?
I'm getting excited!

5 Comments:

Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Oh. Oh, wow. It's gorgeous! Heehee, and it's mine! I love it :) I just know I'm going to be carrying it all over sock summit, petting it and presenting it to complete strangers to be admired. :)

11:16 PM  
Blogger Plain Jane said...

Beautiful needle holders!! I like the colors in all of them. {{HUGS}}

5:11 PM  
Blogger KnitYoga said...

The angel is a lovely way of saying 'thank you' and what a great idea to put it on a chain. Beautiful sewing as usual. I adore your sewn receptacles. They look so unique and the fabric you use is always so gorgeous!

3:02 PM  
Anonymous Carrie K said...

It looks great! Almost coral.

That pocket angel is darling and how typically thoughtful of Birdsong.

Are you all rested up?

3:04 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Lovely pocket angel! From all your posts about her, Birdsong sounds like a wonderful person and friend.

You do a wonderful job of coordinating fabrics on all your pieces!

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!