knitnana: Almost The Weekend
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Thursday, July 09, 2009

Almost The Weekend

May I say that I'm glad tomorrow is Friday (I am not alone, I know).

And may I say "thank you" for all your lovely sympathies? We will manage to get thru this, but death, when it comes to someone younger than it "should" hurts more, I think. It feels so dratted unfair. But this someone faced it with grace. I only hope to be able to do the same when the time comes.

I'll tell you that the person in question always had a sunny disposition, always went the extra mile to help someone in need, cared deeply about his family and his friends and colleagues, was involved in good works. There will be, for this person, the sort of eulogy that we would all wish for (and strive for, I hope). Sometimes, those things are offered in platitudes, and stretch the truth. But not this time. Not this time.

The world will be much less good without him.

I think I'll be sad for awhile. I think a lot of us will be. But we'll all go on and we'll remember him, and try to do as he would have done. Maybe that's the best testiment to someone...we want to strive to be like them.

During my initial sadness and grief, I finished some knitting:

The Double Bubble socks, tho' I drastically altered the pattern (putting in my own preferred heel style), are finally finished. They took longer than socks usually do, but I don't think that has much to do with the pattern. Everything to do with me, my attention span, and my other commitments that tend to get in the way. I did use my Addi Turbo size 1.5, 16-inch circulars...
and this is how much of the Zen Yarn Garden Discarded Roses colorway I have remaining!

I think, maybe, I'll make a pair of fingerless mitts. Maybe Anne's Delicato?. I'm pretty sure there's enough yarn, and I've had the pattern since it came out.

Anyway...I'll touch base over the weekend, and try to get back to more normal posting next week. Thank you again for being the best pals in the world!
(((Hugs)))

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My condolences on the loss of your friend. It is particularly awful to lose a young person. With love from your cousin

10:15 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss; your friend sounded positively extraordinary! I'm sending lots of love your way.

8:50 AM  
Blogger Tan said...

So sorry about your loss. How are you feeling?

9:52 AM  
Blogger Plain Jane said...

{{{{BIG HUGS}}}}

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Carrie K said...

{hugs} Words can't express.

Delicato woudl be perfect in the Discarded Rose colorway!

3:24 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Oh, what a terrible loss. It sounds like your friend is leaving a tremendous legacy of caring behind him, but that's not a replacement for having him there...

5:06 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

What a lovely tribute! I think it is good that as knitters we can turn to our art and create something beautiful while processing our grief. The socks are super! May I suggest a pair of Feather and Fan mitts? I know they would go well with your wardrobe.

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!