knitnana: Joce Is a "Bad" Influence! *wink*
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Joce Is a "Bad" Influence! *wink*

I cast on again...and Joce said she was enabling me with a chant of "Cast on! Cast on!" from all the way across the country, so I guess I can blame her for my weakness? You'll see what I mean in a minute.

Today? I finished up an order for Nana Sadie Rose:
This is a first, it's pinwale corduroy! (And it will only ever be available in the Mera-to-Sadie sized bags) It's a little more expensive (depending on the size of the bag) but it does make up nicely. The pink Cutey Pirates is a Michael Miller print...
Here's a shot of the inside. I love the print in the large file folder pocket, don't you? It coordinates nicely with the flower in the outside print.

Ok. Now, as if I don't have enough on the needles? I just couldn't put off casting on for Shawl That Jazz (Ravelry link). For one thing, the yarn was calling me, badly - the blues, taupes, and amethyst tones? Heaven. It's the Beached colorway of Blue Moon's BFL Sport. For another thing? Joce finished hers. It's gorgeous. And I was envious. I am loving the colorplay in the yarn:

And I realized quickly that I'd need stitch markers to keep myself straight, because knitting garter easily becomes hypnotic with me (or perhaps I should put that another way, it becomes meditative?) so I went off to find my favorite stitch markers in the whole world:
The ones from Weeones. (I love her sheep, too)

So. My Sunday was full (I also did laundry). And if you'll excuse me? I'm off to listen to Andre Previn piano jazz and knit Shawl That Jazz!

8 Comments:

Blogger Jadielady said...

I kept meaning to tweet you but I wanted to say my Nana Sadie Rose back made a PERFECT small purse to carry with me at the comic book convention this weekend!
The larger inside pocket was the exact right size for my phone and wallet, and bringing a sock to knit definitely helped pass the time when my hubby went off to something I didn't want have interest in.
LOVE IT!

9:38 PM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

I'm just delighted you love your Posy Sock Sack, Jadielady!
((hugs))

10:18 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Who me? (flutters eyelashes) ;)

I'm happy to enable such a gorgeous shawl -- look at those colors!! And I love the jazz plan, that's definitely the right way to knit this one. Enjoy!

(BTW, love the bag - that inside fabric is perfect with the pirates!)

10:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My DD gave me those kitty stitch markers for my birthday in 2007. Love them!

11:33 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

oooh! *love* the pink skull bag! but you probably knew i would. ;-)

shawl that jazz has such a nice shape to it!

6:04 PM  
Blogger Sandy Lester said...

What a cute bag!! Argh you are SO evil teasing me like that! I am definitely going to have to order one from you when I save up the cash. My darn husband just HAD have that shoulder surgery, bah!

Those stitch markers are also ADORABLE!!! I couldn't help but look through her other stitch markers on Etsy and they are all just darling.

Keep on knitting!

8:16 AM  
Blogger Dana said...

Good morning Huggy Bear,

Your pink pirate is adorable and all I can say is "Go Joce!" You keep on enabling Knitnana and she won't have the time to tempt me with bags! :) Do we have a deal?

Enjoy your projects! SWAK!

10:55 AM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Love the colors for the shawl! I think it's a very pretty pattern, but I'm not sure I can do that much garter stitch. Looking forward to seeing yours!

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!