knitnana: Making Progress
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Making Progress

I'm always amused when anyone asks me how I do everything I do. First, no one here will ever be invited to my house! Second, remember I live alone with two cats: they do require that I feed and water them, and change the litter box, but other than that? No real requirements. (oh, well, I do take the trash and recycling out weekly!)

My downtime is craft time. So I either sew or knit. I rarely read, but am getting better at listening to books on my MP3 or on CD and that means I can do two things at once (usually knitting, but I do listen as I sew). And I carry knitting with me wherever I go. I pack my lunch, eat at my desk (almost exclusively), and when I'm finished, I spend the rest of my lunchtime knitting (barring any crisis that cancels my lunch, of course - and that is a rare thing). If I'm in front of the tv for any given amount of time, there is knitting in my hands. Today, I had a rare webinar during which I could knit and listen.

See? I'm not so amazing! And if you'll look at my Ravelry projects page, you'll see that this accomplishment is long overdue!
The Double Bubble (Ravelry link) pattern was started on June 3. That's 20 days for one sock! I don't usually take that long. This is the Discarded Roses colorway of Zen Yarn Garden's Art Walk Sock Yarn Club (February 2008). I think it's knitting up well, tho' I suspect I'd have liked the cabling better in a solid yarn. Still this is scrumptious stuff - soft and cushy. I probably have plenty of yarn left and could have knit another repeat of the cable pattern, but I didn't want to run the risk of not having enough for the second sock.

Which, by the way, I'll cast on tomorrow.

I have managed to complete about 2 inches on my Beached Shawl That Jazz. That has the benefit of straight garter. Routine, and I don't have to look at my hands!

I'm really not all that out of the ordinary, nor am I a particularly fast knitter. I just like to knit a lot. (Although I keep thinking I really should put the needles down long enough to fit in more exercise!)
;)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup, it's like that for me, too...except I'm retired. Mostly its knitting, and the required daily exercise time. Life is good!

12:07 AM  
Blogger Opal said...

i'm in love with your double bubble. also.. it doesn't matter how you explain it away, you're amazing in my book. :)

12:44 AM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

You're exercising your hands and your brain! :) You're still amazing, though, whatever you say, and I love that sock!

2:07 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

I think you're amazing, too. You persist, keep going, and really do accomplish a tremendous amount. I love watching all you do.

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Carrie K said...

Double Bubble looks great!

I love those Meezer stitchmarkers.

The fact that we get up and go to work and manage to get anything else done at all is amazing.

7:23 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

Lovely sock and colorway. :) You might've explained it all, but I'm still amazed by all that you do!

10:30 AM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

Looks just like coton candy!

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!