knitnana: Quiet Friday Night...
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Friday, June 26, 2009

Quiet Friday Night...

I'm really glad it's Friday. And I've considered all evening how I wanted to write this post, or if I wanted to write it at all.

I'll start by saying it's been a difficult week in many ways, not the least of which is discovering I have yet another medical issue that's cropped up. There'll be a procedure next week, it's supposed to make a world of difference (it had better!) even if it won't be pleasant (these things so seldom are...)

There's been a decent amount of bad news, too, with regard to the failing health of friends, so I've been struggling with my feelings over that. I was saddened to hear that Farrah Fawcett lost her battle with cancer yesterday, such a valiant struggle she made against the disease! May she rest in peace.

And tho' I'm not a fan, it's sad, too, to see a young man like Michael Jackson taken so soon. His music was not my style, tho' I knew it when I heard it, and certainly the way he chose to live his life pushed the boundaries. But still I'm one to recognize the loss of a life too soon.

(The news media, it seems, could have been a bit more fair with their reporting - two stars, warrant a bit more equal treatment! IMHO...hmmmm you don't suppose it had anything to do with the fact that he was a YOUNG man, and she was an "old" woman, now could it? No, I'm sure it's more that his was sudden and hers was expected, right?)

So tonight I chose a quiet evening, knitting and listening to music. The CSA veggies were in and I had a simple meal of roasted beets, steamed yellow squash, locally baked bread. It was delish, of course...(there are photos here)

I made myself pull the "current" WIPS out for a photo shoot:

Four different projects! The second Discarded Roses Double Bubble sock is making progress and so is Shawl That Jazz. You might notice the small toe in the upper right? That's the Trekking colorway I bought at Sedalia. I had to rip about 1.5 inches in the doctor's office yesterday when I realized I'd dropped a stitch several rows back and knitted the stockinette above it quite tightly...(sigh)

There is also the lace shawl up there, tho' I haven't touched it in days...

Shawl That Jazz has captured my attention. Perhaps it's that it's plain garter, and I need simple knitting right now...garter allows me to fade into the background letting my thoughts come forward.
And this yarn definitely helps me do that with it's soothing shades ...
The two gals in my household think it's time I went to bed...they're probably right.

I hope Saturday is a more uplifting day!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your vegis sound wonderful! It's a good thing farmer's market is today...I'm on a mission!

Isn't it amazing how cats can nag you about going to bed? Aren't they supposed to be nocturnal critters?

You're in my thoughts and prayers for next week's procedure. Hugs!

7:30 AM  
Blogger Woolybelle said...

Sorry to hear about your health issues. I wanted to you to know that you'll be in my thoughts next week while you are undergoing your procedure. I read your blog all the time but haven't commented until I read this post and thought you needed some cheering up. I like to see what you've got on your needles and Shawl That Jazz is next on my list (as soon as I can get the pattern!). Stay strong, dear blogger.
Woolybelle

9:01 AM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Woolybelle! Thank you for stopping by often and for posting here...that makes me feel better already.
(((hugs)))

10:03 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

I wish you a quiet and peaceful weekend, doing the things you love. There may be a few bumps in the near future, but keep your thoughts on the smoother ride after that.

(Egads, I read that after I typed and started to feel like a Fortune Cookie writer. I'm clicking "post" anyway - LOL!)

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Carrie K said...

I second Dave's fortune cookie. :) I'm sorry to hear about the procedure, hopefully it WILL be the answer.

I just love that Discarded Roses colorway. So gorgeous.

Cats. I have a bedtime too. And a time I can get up.

3:40 PM  
Blogger Knitcrazy said...

Good for you on pulling out your WIPS... I don't know if I can FIND all of mine... :)

4:02 PM  
Blogger Knitcrazy said...

Oh and I hope you get through your procedures very quickly..
I will be thinking of you.
((( HUGS))) Penny

4:03 PM  
Blogger Tan said...

I hope your Saturday was lighter. I am pretty tired.

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!