knitnana: Knitnana's Got A Brand New Mavis Bag!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Sunday, September 06, 2009

Knitnana's Got A Brand New Mavis Bag!

For those of you who've been around awhile, you know that I'm always the last person to get a new Nana Sadie Rose bag - I usually end up inheriting something because it doesn't sell.

I broke that trend this summer, when I made the Kerri & Grand Mera bags that I carried to Sock Summit. And I've already shown you the Violette (circular needle book), Oressa (doublepoint needle case) and Posy Too (shoulder strap sock bag) that began the process to making myself a "set."

Today? I made myself a new Mavis bag. For those of you who don't know, Mavis is my large bucket-style tote for knitters - with 10 different pockets (including straight needle sleeves, pattern pocket, and other odd sizes) to hold everything anyone can think of in the knitting supplies department. (You may click the photo to enlarge it)

This fabric is similar to the Kerri and Grand Mera I made earlier in the summer - it's that wonderful Japanese dobby cloth, but this time in a plum, black, brown, taupe colorway.

I love it. As with everything else in the photo above, they'll make lovely samples at the cat show next weekend...and are available for custom order, should my enabling prove too much for you to withstand! *wink*

And with that, my preparation for stocking the booth is finished. The rest of this week, till we leave, will be devoted to resting (I've not had a Labor Day OFF from laboring for the past four years, since we started going up to the National Capital Cat Show, and I'm kinda thinking I might just deserve one), and packing and making sure everything is ready.

Hope your Labor Day tomorrow is full of fun and sunshine! I'm going to begin mine by sleeping IN!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How wonderful that your preparations are complete! Enjoy your day tomorrow - perhaps some knitting?

12:13 AM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

I hope you got to sleep in big time this morning -- you deserve it! Congratulations on getting all of that sewing done ahead of time, what a nice feeling. And I love your new bag -- it's absolutely gorgeous, and the best kind of advertising there is :)

11:32 AM  
Blogger Plain Jane said...

I love your new bag! (But then that's true of just about every bag you show here on the blog & on your other sites. Have a wonderful lazy Labor Day.. {{{HUGS}}}

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!