knitnana: Ten On Tuesday...
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Ten On Tuesday...

Having just come off the first true traveling experience I've had in some time...the trip to Sock Summit and Portland OR gives me a fairly good shot of answering this one.

10 Things I HATE About Traveling:

1. Takeoffs
2. Landings
3. Crowded airport lines
4. Taking my shoes off at TSA (thank heavens for hand-knit socks and Birkenstock sandals
5. Trying to pack everything into a regulation carryon to avoid checked baggage fees and lost luggage - then seeing all the "non-regulation carryons" allowed on to take up the available space
6. Airplane "bathrooms" - there is no way you can call them anything other than porta-potties in the sky - yeuck
7. Sleeping in hotel beds
8. Tracking business receipts (I know, I know, it's what I do, I shouldn't mind it but...do I remember to ask for them? About 50% of the time...)
9. The general grumpiness of every other traveler you come across - ok, I'm grumpy too, but if we all just try a smile would you think maybe this might get a bit better?
10. Red-eye flights - never again unless it's an emergency...

Ok, you get an extra one:
11...Leaving home without The Meezer...(mind you, taking her with me wouldn't be so peachy either - it is the Diva VOICE that drives one crazy, I do believe)

Now, while I haven't done it in awhile, I'd like to mention that I do love to travel by train (reserved seating only).

Number 11 would still be an issue, as would 7 and 8, but I think people are usually calmer on trains...and that whole take-off/landing thing is resolved...

Hmm. Note to self: NEXT TIME you plan a vacation? Make it via rail.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've reminded me that I LOVE traveling in a reserved train compartment. I knit my way from New Orleans to Los Angeles with my "own" picture window. Lovely!

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having lived with one meezer or another for the past 31 years (one lived to be 21+, the other is 10) that voice, although somewhat irritating is also what makes them so endearing! My other 2 dsh kitties "talk" because they grew up around Pollie, my current Siamese. My only regret is that Pollie is deaf and can't hear me talking to her!
Janet

3:03 PM  
Anonymous Carrie K said...

Hez has just now started getting yappy with me. I love it. I always knew what was on Sheba's mind.

I am so with you on #5. I want to heave their illegal luggage off the plane myself.

Thought about taking the train to Portland but can you believe, Amtrak warns you that they can be 16 to 24 hours late?! But it does sounds like a wonderful way to travel.

8:17 PM  
Blogger Dianne said...

Gosh,
Was there anything you enjoyed?..

8:12 AM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Dianne,
I was instructed by the "Ten On Tuesday" website to provide 10 things I hate about traveling. I did. There are several posts below that detail the fun and excitement of Sock Summit!
:)

8:18 AM  
Blogger Plain Jane said...

Add in seating without leg or elbow room & the guy in the seat ahead who leans back into your already limited space. On the plus side, if you can get a window seat, the scenery changes are wonderful if it's a clear day.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

I love travelling by train, too! We did some fabulous trips on trains when I was kid, sleeper cars and all. Loved that. I wish it were easier now...

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!