knitnana: Stir Crazy? Who Me? Nah...
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Stir Crazy? Who Me? Nah...

Surprise!!

No snow photos...!

But it's still yet another "snow day" tho' there was minimal snow. We got sleet overnight and a scatter of snow on top, the temperatures were very low, but the main concern has been the very high wind. And tonight will be no different. All day the forecast for this afternoon and tonight has gotten worse, and at this point they are calling for gusts at 75 mph. It's been interesting. My knitting room is at the top of this townhouse, on the back of the building. There are trees all around and The Meezer has had a difficult time with the sudden scratching at the windows of the branches that normally wouldn't be nearby. She's not much on the howling winds, either. And have they howled!!

Still, we're so much better off than those of you north of us...Ruinwen is having a time of it in Maryland, her photos are amazing, so be sure to click that link and check them out? Another friend (blogless) in Pennsylvania has told me about power outages over the weekend and shoveling from house down the street to the main road with neighbors just because the plows can't be spared, and people needed supplies. Big Sis in DC is fine, but they've had a time keeping up with the shoveling as it's been coming down faster than they could clear; they were able to get help from a teenager to clear the last weekend's snow off the flat roof of their porch so it wouldn't collapse under the weight of this second storm. I really can't imagine what DC is dealing with, it's so much worse than SW VA. (Tho' I just heard that far SW VA will get yet another foot of snow tonight, so I guess it really depends on where you are..)

I just realized I forgot to ask how Big Sis's big red kitty was dealing with not being able to go out! I can tell you that CC started crying the minute I opened the door to show her the snow (she really can't see with her cataracts, but she could smell it and she didn't like it one bit!).

I've managed to get my vet's bookwork done early, which is good, because I'm waiting for fabric to be delivered, and there's no one at the office to receive it. With a little luck, I'll get in by Friday at least, and it will be there for this weekend. I have orders to fill!

So...because I despise the wind? I've had a bad case of startitis, I think it's akin to fidgeting:

The year of knitting purple, doncha know? I decided to put this Sock-It-To-Me colorway OTN with the mock cable pattern I use often. It's sort of mindless, not quite stockinette, but still...

Then I decided I had to put Donna Druchunas' pattern for a Kippah on the needles. This is from the recent Pieceworks and will be a gift for a friend...

Of course, it might not be a surprise for her, as I know she occasionally reads my blog. That's okay. I know she'll love it either way.

I'm also working on Ishbel. I hit a snag today and have to tink to find my mistake.
(sigh)
But it's all knitting, right? Stay warm and safe!

7 Comments:

Blogger Birdsong said...

So glad you have lots to keep you busy! Cats and snow are a bad mix... they really don't like putting their little feet in it, LOL. It will be spring soon enough and this will give people plenty to talk about in the meantime.

5:57 PM  
Blogger Cary ~ My Wool Mitten at Serenity Farms said...

LOL, Sallee, I love your comment that startitis is like fidgeting...that's is very true ;)

I'm glad to hear you are okay, though stir-crazy ;D

6:49 PM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Thanks for the mention. We have been in full blizzard mode today...so no new pictures until the winds die down.

Ishbel and I have been fighting all day. My son has been cooped up all day and is wound up to the 9th degree.

Your projects are lovely. I just love purple socks.

Stay warm. Widdershins sends her regards to CC and Meezer...she hates the howling and the scratching too.

*hugs*
:)

7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shoot, gal, 75 mph is up in hurricane range!

We're about to get our own snow here in Louisiana - see my post today for the story.

Keep warm, and enjoy the knitting.

10:52 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

My goodness, you guys really are getting hit hard! I can imagine why you'd have startitis after all that time in the house -- I hope the weather gives you a break soon :)

1:17 PM  
Anonymous twinsetellen said...

Glad to hear you are hanging in there. There are worse things you could do to ease cabin fever than starting another knitting project!

6:49 PM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Stay warm and start at will! At the rate the weather is going, you may finish them all soon. Let's hope the snow lets up!

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!