knitnana: HI! I've Got A Lot To Share...
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Saturday, February 04, 2012

HI! I've Got A Lot To Share...

I've been sewing, which should come as no surprise since I just had a show. I wanted to share a few things with you!. Below you can see the first Glady Interchangeable Needle Case I've made in a long time (These are really neat needlecases, just sayin'). The customer wanted sheep (naturally) and found a lovely print with a LOT of sheep in a field with barns in the background:

When I worked on the inside of the case, I found a great flannel that is varying shades of green like grass in a field. I tried hard to showcase the Border Collie in the print as well:

Too cute!

Some time ago, a customer in England ordered this for a friend. I know the friend has it now, so I can share that with you:

That's one of the nicest dragonfly patterns I've seen, with the stained glass effect. This is my largest knitting bag, by the way, the Mavis.

Then my sis-in-law will be off to warmer climes soon, and wanted a fun bag to take shopping:

And she wanted it to be colorful! So there's all sorts of colors and brightness in this print and I stacked a couple of buttons for the closure.

Today, I finally took another class in spindle spinning. I've been wanting to ever since my failed class at Sock Summit 09. My new LYS, Wyrd Sisters offered a class today and the size of the class, I know, made a huge difference (there were exactly two of us!). See the yarn I made?

I'll be working on my technique on some undyed merino I have before I do much else with this, but I can finally write off the "Bucket List" that I want to learn to spin. Thanks, Courtney for a lovely class.

And Cate, thanks for having this wonderful Unplanned Peacock yarn in stock:

(I understand this was a mistake yarn - and she has no idea how she came up with it. Well, Natasha, I'm totally delighted with this lovely yarn - named Mystery, appropriately! Not sure what it will become, but it's mine, all mine!)

Now, in between making bags, I'll be working on spindling...no promises, but as I marked one thing off my list, I wrote one on: Learn to spin on a wheel.

(you knew that was coming, right?)

5 Comments:

Blogger Geraldine said...

All of those new bags are really beautiful. I wish I had more time to sew but it seems to be put on the backburner, time and time again. On the plus side, my first novel is almost completed (first draft) and I am making my first Fair Isle sweater! Guess we can't do everything, right? LOL

Nice to see what's new here. I posted about my Fair Isle at Veggies...if you want to have a peek.

Hope the cats are doing fine, Ched sends his best headbonks!!!

6:28 PM  
Blogger cauchy09 said...

your spinning looks great! mine got much better with using a wheel. did you enjoy it?

11:09 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Hooray! Welcome to the dark side (says she, who just taught two wheel spinning lessons this week) :) I'm glad you had such a good experience.

4:00 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Glad the spinning is going well. I have several friends who love to do it. I haven't been tempted yet.

How can that be a "mistake" yarn? That is so pretty.

8:24 PM  
Anonymous Carrie#K said...

Those bags are beautiful! I didn't see the dragonfly in the stained glass bag until you mentioned it.

Have fun spinning!

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!