knitnana: Felled by a Bug!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Sunday, January 08, 2012

Felled by a Bug!

Wednesday I felt rotten, and dizzy, and tho' I managed to get out of bed in the morning, as I headed toward the bathroom to begin the day's ablutions, I got hit with a wave of dizziness, and turned right around and went back to bed.

I don't fight vertigo.

Thursday, I felt better enough to wander into the office, but as the morning wore on, I felt "worser and worser" as my Mom used to say. I phoned the doc, as I suspected the worser-est! Got an appointment at the end of the day, and managed to remember to say, "I've still got a payroll to do" and was hustled in right away. Temperature was 100, which for me, is HIGH! The doc commiserated, as she'd had the same bug herself the week before, prescriptions were faxed off, and I wandered (this really IS a good word for the way I felt I was moving those days) to the vet's and managed to get the payroll done.

From there, to the 24-hour grocery store (because it was later in the evening than my favorite locally-owned drugstore is open) to pick up my Rx. A line, that would have stunned anyone feeling GOOD confronted me and when I got thru to the front, was told, "it won't be ready for 40 minutes."

To say I almost cried is an understatement.

I decided to go next door to the Chinese buffet restaurant and throw Weight Watchers' caution to the winds. Egg drop soup, egg roll with hot mustard and jasmine tea: I knew that's what I needed, and of course, had a plate of spicy Asian-style food with my smallish portion of real fried-rice (not brown!)...they were surprised I didn't want any dessert, but no. I now kinda wish I'd asked for egg drop soup to go, but I didn't. (Note to self: always buy extra egg drop soup to take home when you're sick)

By Thursday night (late) I knew there would be no work for me on Friday, so called in. I spent the next two days alternately wandering around my house munching on whatever seemed to appeal (mostly peanut butter and honey sandwiches, chicken soup and saltines) and knitting on Clapotis. Friday night I decided after a few minutes on Facebook, that Bill Clinton's Back To Work was necessary reading, so downloaded it to the Nook. Saturday I managed to wash fabrics for some orders, but that was the extent of my "work" for the day. I crashed big time.

I spent this morning in bed till noontime, sleeping. And then FINALLY dragged myself up and into the shower. This time when I went to the grocery store I felt about 1/3 of the way back to the land of the living...

I've got my surimi stir-fried rice recipe (with brown rice, thank you very much!) planned for dinner, and enough to fortify myself for the first of the week's meals, now, too...and when I came home this is what met me:

Four Blue Eyes staring at me from the windows (Look hard at the left one and you'll see Ms. Meeze...The Tonk's lighter coloring is easier to pick out)

Throughout the entire ordeal (btw, it's the sinus infection from hell), they have been constant companions. Either sleeping on the bed, in their beds in the den while I knit in my chair, or even in my lap. I think they were a bit miffed that I truly LEFT for a bit today...

4 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie said...

I'm glad you have two faithful companions - feel better soon!

4:35 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

You've got to love cats - they love a sick person!! I know that both Gwilim and Tilly have been loving my recent naps - they both hop up on the bed with me "to keep me warm" (read: to get warmed up by me).

4:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're feeling better. And that you had such good caretakers (love that pic of them in the windows).

9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're on the way to well, and that you have two good felines to take care of you. Also glad that you did all the right things to get better! This is my official, professional opinion...no charge.

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!