knitnana: Boxing Day
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Monday, December 26, 2011

Boxing Day

Traditional or no, Boxing Day is a day when I try hard to do a little bit of organization, when I manage to have the day off. This year, we indeed had the 26th off from work, so I did a bit of clearing off the desk, and thinking of those things that I hope to do in 2012. I have many plans percolating in my noggin' and one is what I hope to knit this coming year. I'll write more about that later this week, but as a sneak preview, I wound up this yarn today:

That's Claudia Handpaint fingering in the colorway Cabin Fever which I bought at NoSoKnit last month.

I also managed to finish these socks tonight:

Yup. One of the most boring things I've ever knit, and one that I'm probably the happiest to have completed, partly for that obvious reason. But partly because, I do have need of those plain dark socks for the times when I have to dress conservatively. I've become terribly spoiled and only want handknits on my feet regardless of the occasion, so Plain Gray Socks had to be made. As an aside, if you are searching for plain gray yarn this might be a serious contender: Joann Sensations Bamboo Ewe, a lovely blend of bamboo and wool, and soft as all get out. I won't ever knit it on my 1.25 bamboo needles again, of that I can guarantee. Perhaps I'll pick the Harmony's next time? Anyway, they're finally done...I started them on Halloween!

So you can now see the top of my desk, I've finished a project that took the better part of two months to complete, and have been working on another that has taken a terribly long time to complete (and isn't near completion either, but I'm making progress). I even spent a bit tossing crinkle balls to The Tonk and chatting with my next door neighbor!

Tomorrow it's back to work, but at least it's a short week. I hope you've had a lovely holiday as I have and Santa was good to you. I enjoyed the first of four Cary Grant movies my daughter gave me, now that I have a working DVD player and television! I don't believe I've ever seen An Affair to Remember but I enjoyed it and made much progress on my sis-in-law's Landscape Shawl. I'll share that with you later this week!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That Cabin Fever colorway is GORGEOUS!

Cary Grant movies, you say? What other ones did you get? I'm a HUGE classic movie buff. An Affair To Remember contains one of my favorite movie lines ever: "Winter must be cold for those with no warm memories".

12:09 AM  
Anonymous AlisonH said...

You did it!

I once made a pair of dark charcoal men's size 13 socks and didn't knit another sock for six years.

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!