knitnana: 2011 in Review
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Friday, December 16, 2011

2011 in Review

Following along in Margene's and Vicki's footsteps and posting a review that includes the first line of the first post of each month of 2011 and my choice of photo from the month:

January
I've been spending the past week knitting and sewing my little fingers to the bone, during a week that might have been a bit of a rest from that had I only planned things differently.

(Big Sis's joyous face upon trying on her Christmas gift from me at our - late, as usual - holiday gathering)

February
In monitoring my Facebook account, I saw a status update from Jared yesterday, linking to the most gorgeous blanket I think I've ever seen.

The Smithsonian Hyperbolic Crocheted Coral Reef exhibit.

March
I promised these first two photos to Carole today...These lovelies appeared for the first time on Monday (what a way to say good-bye to February, eh?)


April
Not the song, which I think is a bit odd anyway...but the colors.

My two fur kids.

May
It's May!

My beautiful Mom.

June
Long and busy and crazy-making.

A prayer shawl I'm particularly pleased with.

July
Of course, for me that means working at the cutting table and sewing machine (not to mention the ironing board!)...but then again, there are rewards for this, you know?

Me, sporting my beloved Aubergne Ishbel Shawl.

August
As usual, I'm sewing away here, but it does seem to me that I'm not being very good about sharing with you all - at least not as good as I usually am.

My Comical Tonk

September
Bernie scared me today.

The Star Attraction at the National Capital Cat Show!

October
"Oh I'm So Going To Do This"

My Sweet Meezer with her new toy.

November
"Because You Can Never Remind Folks Enough"

My new favorite toy.

December
Since last I posted, I've been in training with Weight Watchers, and busy with holiday shopping, finishing up orders, and of course, knitting and ...

My Wistful, Whiney, Tonk-a-Tonk

Not quite sure what to say, except that as I put this together, I learned that this past year, precious little knitting was done, other than hats for various reasons. Most of my world revolved around preparing for the four shows I went to as Nana Sadie Rose. I hope 2012 is a bit different, more focused on the purpose the blog originally had: Knitting.

And, oh, yeah. My CATS - because I know perfectly well that's the real reason you all keep stopping by! *wink*

3 Comments:

Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Wow! You really did do a lot of sewing this year, before and after your shows. I really do love that picture of you with your Ishbel - that's why *I* keep stopping by here!! :)

6:57 PM  
Blogger Vicki Knitorious said...

I learned that I knit a lot of little stuff... particularly cowls the last couple of months! It's good to look back... it helps one decide where to go!
; )

1:21 AM  
Blogger margene said...

I too love the picture of you in your with you Ishbel. It was shocking how little knitting I did this year, but on the other hand, look how many bags you made or shows you did, books you read! There is much more to life than knitting and a lot of it's fun and interesting. Being a part of this community may take a little work, but it's so worth while.

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!