knitnana: 2012: The Year of Little Lacey Things & Colorwork, Too
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Saturday, December 31, 2011

2012: The Year of Little Lacey Things & Colorwork, Too

I'm planning. What is it about the hectic, crazy, nuttzy days in between Thanksgiving and New Year's Day that forces us into a desperate reordering of our lives? Is it a planning for calm? Yes, I think so. I dream so for peace and quiet, for long moments of hot tea, Mozart, and knitting lace with a pointed kitty nearby...wishing for snow softly falling and piling up (which means no work!). Lately, our days have been ranging from the mid 40s to upper 50s so there's not a flake to be had...nonetheless, my planning gene is kicking in strong, and I'm coming up with a few ideas for 2012.

Mostly, I'm planning on the one-word idea for the new year, rather than setting up a bunch of resolutions...that said, I'll let you know my word soon enough. I'm settling, I think on two or three and I know one will emerge before too long.

That said, while I initially considered that 2012 would be my Year of Little Lacey Things - "Little" signifies items that aren't so large that I'm easily overwhelmed. Small shawls, lacy cowls, little mitts, small socks (okay, in a couple of ways...I do have small feet, too!) - I then started looking at stash, realizing how many projects I've purchased in colorwork. They are all small things, too.

2011 has mostly been about the hats: Warm Hats for Hot Heads; Warm Hats Warm Hearts; chemo caps; Christmas gift hats. They've been fast and fun, but I'm ready for the steady, blood pressure reducing capacity of lace. And then, for a bit of visual spice and mindful challenge, colorwork.

But rather than get ahead of myself, methinks there will be an initial bout of finishitis! I have so many lacey shawls on the needles, I think they have to get done first. But I want to have my All You Need Is Love mittens finished for February, so must get started right off on those...and I want to make Sheep Heid, too...Oh my, it takes so little to suddenly have a list as long as my arm!

Anyone interested in joining me for a Year of Little Lacey Things? What about a Year of Little Colorwork Pretties?

What will you knit? Short of the above mentioned projects, I'll be working on two pieces from Jackie E-S. I have the yarn and pattern to make Thinking of You Scarf for February's Knit Red for Women's Heart Disease project. Also on my list is a "little something" called the Smoke Ring with Lace Edging. I've adored this one for a long time...will check my stash for the best laceweight I have to make this one for a gift.

That's a start to my list. And since there's knitting from stash involved in this, it will fall into the plans Jocelyn and I have to have an informal KAL for knitting up a bunch of what we already have...I keep telling myself I will NOT buy a 6th bin for my accumulated yarn...I won't. Of course, I promptly went and bought two skeins of hand-dyed worsted from Wild Hare Fiber...

Okay, I bought them in 2011. Maybe that doesn't count Joce?

Oh...and I've exempted the yarn I have to buy for the class I'm taking in early January to learn beginner crochet. I'm really looking forward to that!

So tonight I'm off to sis-in-law's to watch old movies and knit these socks:

Yup. That's Trekkings Brach's colorway (think neopolitan ice cream). I've had it for awhile and I'm itching to have these socks. Plain vanilla with the picot cuff, toe-up all the way.

If you've an inkling, stop by Nana Sadie's Place as I've got some New Year's thoughts over there, too...different theme, of course.

Happy New Year!

1 Comments:

Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Excellent plans! And I think I can forgive you those "last" two skeins before the new year begins ;) Goodness knows I'm bound to slip up myself now and again! Happy, happy new year!

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!