knitnana: Call Me Crazy...
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Friday, February 12, 2010

Call Me Crazy...

but I didn't just decide to join Stephanie in the 2010 Knitting Olympics.

No...I'm crazier than that.

I also joined the Team Stashdown on Ravelry to participate in WIP Dancing in the Ravelympics. I'm going to try to finish (ok...I'm not kidding myself or you, here, I'm going to work feverishly to finish a WIP - one that's in my BOS *Basket of Shame*)

So I'm sure now you're dying to know what I'll be working on?

Ok. In The Knitting Olympics, I'm going to make Corazon. I saw those cute little hearts on those two-color mittens and could not get them out of my mind. So I did buy for this event (I know...so shoot me!) two skeins of Paton's Classic Wool in red and cream.

I also had to pick up a set of dpns in size 4, but listen, I was able to resist the $11 (per ball!) yarn at my LYS to make these (it would have taken 3!) and instead used two coupons to buy this wool for less than the cost of the one ball...surely that helps to offset the violation of my original intention?

If not? Pffft!
;)
(Besides if I find that I love color knitting? I'm going back to GET that yarn and make these again in a different color combo. Shhh...)

I mentioned to at least one person that part of the reason I want to make Corazon mittens is because it's Heart Month, and because this year makes 10 years as a heart attack survivor. Good enough reason to spend just a little for these cuties, eh?

Then, because I'm a glutton for punishment, in the Team Stashdown competition on Ravelry, I'm determined to make good progress on Helsinki. Ok, I'd love to FINISH! It's more than time. I'd have loved to be wearing it during these months since Roanoke apparently decided to vie for the 2018 Olympic Winter Games site!
*wink*
(Do you think we have a snowball's chance in ???) teehee

So...are you ready? Are you in? If not, what's holding you back?

As they say, "let the games begin" indeed!

4 Comments:

Anonymous twinsetellen said...

Go, Sallee, go!

I'm in on the Ravelympics with a couple of projects, but decided that I didn't have the heart to take on another project for Stephanie's. It was fun getting together tonight with a buddy and casting on.

I hope you enjoy the colorwork - next year we'll have you doing Bohus knitting!!!

2:28 AM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Wow! Good luck with both projects! I can't wait to see the mittens...and it wouldn't it feel great to finish a WIP! *hugs* :)

I'll be rooting for you!

8:54 AM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

You go, girl! I'll be cheering you on, while I knit like the wind myself. You can do it!!

11:43 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

You're going to be very busy!! Paton's is an all around great yarn. Just don't wash them! I started those mittens in gray and yellow and frogged them. No good reason. I still may knit them and I love those colors I had too.
I'm staying out of the Ravelympics but having my own personal one while I finish the Inishmore sweater in my own record time!!

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!