knitnana: Good Customer Service...

Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie Rose items!

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Good Customer Service...

As much as I mourned the loss of our Knitter's Knook when it closed, I still had high hopes that the newest LYS in town, Yarn Explosion would be successful (and opening during this economy, frankly didn't bode well, I knew).

But I want to tell you something. Yarn Explosion really understands customer service and that's half the battle in business today! So I've got my fingers crossed - the store is delightfully bright and sunny - not just lots of windows, it's beautifully decorated, with lots and lots of yarn...lots of yarn! And a friendly, knowledgeable staff, too!

I phoned them this morning to tell them about the Berroco Sox problem from yesterday. They told me to bring it in.

Well, I hesitated...then I said, "I've finished one sock. I am NOT returning this yarn, because it's fine, I can work out the striping, and, well - I've finished ONE sock! But I will bring it in to show you." (Where socks are concerned, I'm a PRODUCT knitter, I was not giving up my half-completed pair! lolol!)

But I did phone, because Jocelyn pushed me a bit with "They need to know if they've got a bad batch, they've got to be able to tell Berroco..."

And she was right.

By the time I got there at lunch? Mary was waiting. She'd seen my blog post. I handed over my sock, the 5 "barf balls" and the toe of the second sock OTN.
She returned in what seemed like seconds - I was standing there drooling over all the new sock yarn they've gotten in since I was last there in November. I was trying to keep myself under control ("Sallee, remember your Personal Sock Club, you're knitting from stash...") - but oh, my they have the Regia Kaffe Fassett colors, and I have to tell you it was almost more than I could bear...

"Pick out a ball to replace this," Mary said.

"OH! Really? Well...okay, I will, if you insist!" (Now you understand my post title, right?)

So I got another ball of the Berroco Sox - in color 1476 which, frankly, is RED HAT colors - ok...there's a little pink with the purples and reds, but that works for me. (And yes, I also bought two balls of Mission Falls 1824 wool in black for my Log Cabin that I'm making steady progress on these days...it's great to have draped over me as I knit with the thermostat turned down! lol)
My promise to Mary? That I will knit this up straight away (as soon as I finish the greens and blues) so I can tell her if I have any trouble with THIS ball...

But you know? I'd already knit two pairs of socks of Berroco Sox - one for me, one for Big Sis - and there was nothing wrong with either of those, so maybe the green/blue ball was a fluke? I surely hope so. Because I really DO love Berroco Sox socks...

You can bet that customer service is alive and well in our little corner of the world - at least at Yarn Explosion!

Now if I could just work out my schedule to clear Saturday mornings to join Mary and all for their sock group...maybe in February?
(((hugs)))

8 Comments:

Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Oh, I'm so glad that it worked out so well (I'd have felt awful if the nudge led to a bad experience). We'll be waiting with bated breath to hear what happens with this next ball! :)

8:41 PM  
OpenID meezermeowmy said...

I just love happy endings! So go on, cast on a red hat sock...we're all waiting to hear how it goes.

11:41 PM  
Blogger teabird said...

That Berocco has some great colours - not really Red Hat, if you ask me! And that's awesome customer service.

11:45 PM  
OpenID runswithneedles said...

Wow. That's GREAT customer service!

I really like the new colors that you chose.

11:51 PM  
Anonymous Carrie K said...

That is good customer service!

12:20 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

That is wonderful customer service!

11:21 AM  
OpenID eightfoldrabbit said...

That's so fantastic! Yay customer service and wonderful yarn stores!

12:54 PM  
Blogger Ruinwen said...

I'm so happy that you have a great LYS with super customer service to boot! That new sock will be lovely! :)

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782