knitnana: Good Customer Service...
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Good Customer Service...

As much as I mourned the loss of our Knitter's Knook when it closed, I still had high hopes that the newest LYS in town, Yarn Explosion would be successful (and opening during this economy, frankly didn't bode well, I knew).

But I want to tell you something. Yarn Explosion really understands customer service and that's half the battle in business today! So I've got my fingers crossed - the store is delightfully bright and sunny - not just lots of windows, it's beautifully decorated, with lots and lots of yarn...lots of yarn! And a friendly, knowledgeable staff, too!

I phoned them this morning to tell them about the Berroco Sox problem from yesterday. They told me to bring it in.

Well, I hesitated...then I said, "I've finished one sock. I am NOT returning this yarn, because it's fine, I can work out the striping, and, well - I've finished ONE sock! But I will bring it in to show you." (Where socks are concerned, I'm a PRODUCT knitter, I was not giving up my half-completed pair! lolol!)

But I did phone, because Jocelyn pushed me a bit with "They need to know if they've got a bad batch, they've got to be able to tell Berroco..."

And she was right.

By the time I got there at lunch? Mary was waiting. She'd seen my blog post. I handed over my sock, the 5 "barf balls" and the toe of the second sock OTN.
She returned in what seemed like seconds - I was standing there drooling over all the new sock yarn they've gotten in since I was last there in November. I was trying to keep myself under control ("Sallee, remember your Personal Sock Club, you're knitting from stash...") - but oh, my they have the Regia Kaffe Fassett colors, and I have to tell you it was almost more than I could bear...

"Pick out a ball to replace this," Mary said.

"OH! Really? Well...okay, I will, if you insist!" (Now you understand my post title, right?)

So I got another ball of the Berroco Sox - in color 1476 which, frankly, is RED HAT colors - ok...there's a little pink with the purples and reds, but that works for me. (And yes, I also bought two balls of Mission Falls 1824 wool in black for my Log Cabin that I'm making steady progress on these days...it's great to have draped over me as I knit with the thermostat turned down! lol)
My promise to Mary? That I will knit this up straight away (as soon as I finish the greens and blues) so I can tell her if I have any trouble with THIS ball...

But you know? I'd already knit two pairs of socks of Berroco Sox - one for me, one for Big Sis - and there was nothing wrong with either of those, so maybe the green/blue ball was a fluke? I surely hope so. Because I really DO love Berroco Sox socks...

You can bet that customer service is alive and well in our little corner of the world - at least at Yarn Explosion!

Now if I could just work out my schedule to clear Saturday mornings to join Mary and all for their sock group...maybe in February?
(((hugs)))

8 Comments:

Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Oh, I'm so glad that it worked out so well (I'd have felt awful if the nudge led to a bad experience). We'll be waiting with bated breath to hear what happens with this next ball! :)

8:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just love happy endings! So go on, cast on a red hat sock...we're all waiting to hear how it goes.

11:41 PM  
Blogger teabird said...

That Berocco has some great colours - not really Red Hat, if you ask me! And that's awesome customer service.

11:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. That's GREAT customer service!

I really like the new colors that you chose.

11:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is good customer service!

12:20 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

That is wonderful customer service!

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so fantastic! Yay customer service and wonderful yarn stores!

12:54 PM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

I'm so happy that you have a great LYS with super customer service to boot! That new sock will be lovely! :)

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!