knitnana: I Interrupt My Regularly Scheduled Blogging...
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Thursday, January 08, 2009

I Interrupt My Regularly Scheduled Blogging...

to pass along another tidbit to Elizabeth that I forgot to mention tonight.

Elizabeth and I are in the same knitting group. She was hoping I would show up tonight, neither of us having been for several months (except that I did make it to the Christmas party...but I digress). Elizabeth is a regular visitor here at Knitnana, and had watched with interest as I detailed my experience with Plantars Fasciitis earlier in the fall...(yes, I do still have trouble, but am doing much better with stretching, sometimes hot packs, and wearing my real Birkenstocks every single day, with only a change to my cushiony soft Nothinz in the evenings when I get home...)

OH. This, too.
Elizabeth this is the most amazing thing.

You're supposed to roll your foot (in exercise fashion) over a rounded ice bottle - at least something round, and I did for a long time use one of those purchased water bottles we're not supposed to drink from anymore because of the "b-something" that's chemically present...however I think it's fine to freeze water in those bottles and rub your painful foot over them....

Then...one evening in September, while in Washington DC for the cat show, I stayed in a hotel with a marble bathroom floor. The A/C was on of course, as it was hot weather still. I jumped up in the middle of the night to "visit the ladies" as they say, and the second my aching foot hit that cold, cold marble?

INSTANT PAIN RELIEF.

So ... I considered buying a marble cheese board, but never got around to it.

And finally, at Christmas, when I was busy buying the tiles for the grandchildren's Christmas Day activity? Well, there I was in the home remodeling store and I thought - OH! Pretty!! Pink! Marble.

A 12x12 inch tile cost only a couple of dollars and they cut it down for me...in fact, there was enough left to make 3 marble coasters, so I had those cut, too, and am using them around the house. I did pick up a few of those felted feet to put under the tiles...(not just the coasters, but the bigger one, too.) I set the 12x9 tile on the floor in my bedroom. It's pretty cold there most of the time. And I make sure I stand on that tile for awhile every night...it helps the PF, too.

lolol
And now? Now I've gotten a blog entry out of something oddly fascinating to some people. If you're not one of them? It's okay...come back another time, there'll be more...

But Elizabeth? Try the tile! And I hope it works for you!
(((Hugs)))

7 Comments:

Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

I'll share that at tidbit at assisted living this weekend. I'm sure it will help a lot of people. Thanks. and...I'm super glad it helped you! :)

8:00 AM  
Blogger Dana said...

Whodathunkit? Well, I'm glad the marble is working out well for you and you were able to purchase it so inexpensively. Have a good weekend!

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great idea!

One exercise I was told to do was to throw a hanky or washcloth on the floor and then pick it up using just my toes. Then drop it. And repeat. I think it did help.

Hope your feetsies feel better soon!

Hugs

1:07 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Wow! Who would've thought? But that makes perfect sense.

1:26 PM  
Blogger Geraldine said...

It's interesting to me. I've been there re: PF, NOT FUN and a lot more painful than I think most people realise (the lucky ones with 2 happy feet that is LOL).

Good to read that you've found some blessed relief. Thanks for sharing.

Hugs to you and the gang, G

1:37 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Great tidbit--and a pretty one too. Have a great weekend!

8:19 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

What a great solution - elegant and practical, my favorite combo. I love that it's pink too.

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!