knitnana: Oh! Back to WORK? (sigh)
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Sunday, January 04, 2009

Oh! Back to WORK? (sigh)

I always am exhausted after the two weeks of holidays (and no, I didn't have the full two weeks off work, unfortunately). I think ahead of time that I'm going to get a lot done, and get some rest, and heading back will be okay...

I need at least another week. Think we could arrange that?
(not)

Well...since I can't how about a rundown of where I stand currently?

Remember the Personal Sock Club "goal" (since I don't DO resolutions)?

Here's where I stand on the January pair:
I started on January 1. I've been rather busy with other things so this is as far as I've gotten. I've also been working on the Log Cabin Blanket, and I may be nearing completion of it - Wow! That would be a nice first FO for 2009, now wouldn't it?

As to another of my 2009 Goals? Creating the knitting room I've always wanted? Well, today, DD and Son-in-law, and the boys arrived late-day to help with some moving issues - as in, I have not been happy with the huge overstuffed chair that goes with my living room furniture. The living room isn't that small, but while I have the loveseat and the two wing chairs in there, it's the arrangement of the windows that creates a problem, that and the floor grate that can't be covered over for the HVAC system. Positioning the furniture to accomodate all that makes the room seem small to me. As a result, I've toyed with the idea of moving that huge chair into the upstairs knitting room for a long, long time, then moving the blue velvet "French" chair downstairs. Today? We did that.

Over the weekend I bought, built, and installed an additional 6-foot bookcase for the sewing room and moved a smaller bookcase up to the knitting room to expand storage in that room.

At present? My world is topsy turvy! I did take all the slipcovers off and wash and dry them and then return them to the furniture. I have lap quilts and tablecloths in the dryer now...

There's a lot left to do, and I have to watch myself, I do have a few orders to take care of and of course...

This is January. The bookkeeper's least favorite month all year - it's W-2 season! (sigh) I'm bound and determined to get them done sooner rather than later this year...(ok, a goal I didn't mention in my annual post, but still high on my list)

IF I can get the rooms put back together in a way that isn't embarrassing? I'll share photos with you! Right now? No way. Too much mess.

DD and I are thinking of adding in some of her stitch markers and row counters to my etsy store...if we can get the particulars worked out, this is the sort of thing you'll see...
These were part of my Christmas gift from her - row counters with pink leaping cats on them!

Cute, no?

Have a wonderful week...and let me hear from you, okay?
((((Hugs))))

6 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

This back to work stuff is for the birds, isn't it?? Hang in there! (your rearranging/redecorating sounds fun!)

9:29 PM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

What cute stitch markers! I can't believe how much you've got done on your sock for not working on it much! :)

7:35 AM  
Blogger Pat K said...

Well, at least I don't have to deal with the back to work issue, since I had no time off during the holidays. Not my turn to be off. Good luck with the room rearranging!

10:49 AM  
Blogger Opal said...

those stitch markers are adorable! i do love the way that yarn is knitting up. the colors are so pretty.

12:38 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

Yay, you got the moving done! I think that is a LOT of sock for such a short amount of year to date:)

7:59 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Ooh, I love those stitch markers! Let us know when they're up in the store :) I'm glad that the knitting room is coming together, although I well recognize that topsy-turvy feeling in the middle of all the moving around. Good luck with the W-2s!

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!