knitnana: Merry Christmas!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

It was a lovely day (tho' I've got tons of dishes to wash, and various straightening up to do yet, so it's not really over)! I hope your's was???

I mentioned the fuzzy things in last night's post? They were no-sew fleece blankets for each boy...they were indeed a hit (whoohoo!)
...dear daughter, I've mentioned before, makes jewelry, and she made these stitch markers for me - I'm over the moon for them, they're so special - they say: Wish - Hope - Believe - Create. With smoky rose beads...could she have made anything more perfect for me? (remember you can click on the photos to see better)

I gave myself something very special to take to the office:
That mug is handthrown pottery from One Wintery Night. It's an oversized mug with sage leaves and a wondrously mottled sage, plum, ivory, browns...all colors that I adore, and that go beautifully in my office...and the tea is one I saw over at Margene's and it just made my mouth water - Cranberry Autumn! Yum...tho' I must admit that at present the mug holds My Lady's Respite (decaf Earl Gray with rose) as it's way too late to be drinking anything caffeinated if I plan to get some sleep!

But I digress. The day was delightful...and after all the gifts were opened there was this:

Everyone got into the project I showed you from my office Christmas party? The tiles and stickers? The boys were VERY focussed. I am so grateful, because it allowed the family to do something quietly while I finished up meal preparations...The son-in-law took the boys to the park to play while we gals did the rest...

Roast beef with all the trimmings, a shrimp ring, and German chocolate cake to top it all off. Everyone ate well (ok...I'm going to check the tree for pieces of the meal, we have a 2 year old - whose favorite word is "NO" and who waves his fork around with abandon...so, there may yet be some cleaning up to do!).

Here's the next two generations (I'm behind the camera so you don't get to see me with them...Aside from all the glasses, I suspect you can see a little family resemblance, no? (and yes, the blonde hair comes from me...)

The cats did not make an appearance much...well CC was in her chair when everyone arrived, but was helped upstairs to avoid the children...The Meezer had already made haste before the doorbell even rang...
I'm glad those kids are gone now.

She is snuggled down behind me in the office chair as I type this...a much happier kitty tonight.
Merry Christmas all!
(((Hugs)))

3 Comments:

Blogger Tan said...

I think Blogger ate my long comment, but the short one is Merry Christmas!

7:47 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

What a great family portrait! I am just getting ready to upload some family photos, but my kids are much bigger than those cute grandsons. I love the new pin that also doubles as useable markers! Maybe you can offer these through your Etsy shop, if DD is willing.

1:38 PM  
Blogger Monique said...

Merry Christmas!

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!