knitnana: More Than Usual - TGIF...
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Friday, December 12, 2008

More Than Usual - TGIF...

It's been a rough week.

While the work requirements were a part of it (at least from the physical tiredness aspect) that's really not the issue at all. The luncheon went amazingly well, but wore us all out, as it usually does. It's a ton of work, and while the food is catered, we do all the rest of it. Still it went very well.

But I don't think I've ever had a week with as much bad news. Four health crises in friends and close acquaintances (crisis might not be the best word - disaster might be better, although one is just presently a nail-biter...and we'll know more soon). Another house fire, this time not someone I know but someone who is related to someone I know well.

Then there's watching the country I love come apart at the seams, economically speaking (what IS wrong with us? Obviously, financial assistance is okay for one group and not another? Pish-posh!).

I'm knitting feverishly, and sewing almost as much, in an effort to keep myself sane, to deal with the stuff I can control...

And if the one person who has decided to drop out of my life without notice is reading this? Please phone home? No questions asked other than that you are safe. (You know who you are...)

Cryptic? Yup. Has to be that way.

But I'm so glad this week is over. My mood will be better with a bit of sleep...a bit of Christmas shopping (for small gifts, I'm being careful, too, folks) hopefully to lift my spirits, at least by being out with people and seeing pretty lights and decorations.

Maybe with a little bit of Christmas spirit, we can start to believe in a better day coming? I'm trying to. DESPERATELY.

38 days...and counting...

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sending love and hugs your way. Hope this weekend is a happy and blessed one ...you deserve it!

1:49 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

*warm hawaiian hugs*

2:31 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Here's to better days. And to phone calls. :)

5:09 PM  
Blogger Geraldine said...

I am so sorry to hear that you've had a lousy week in the extreme Sallee. I am keeping good vibes and thoughts coming your way for good news on the way and a reliving phone call too (how well I can relate to that one!!!!)

Big hugs and take care, G

www.mypoeticpath.wordpress.com

6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope the bad news is over with! And that the cryptic request is answered. :)

No catastrophes here, thankfully, but not much sleep at all either. Work is crazed.

6:23 PM  
Blogger Tan said...

I hope your missing person checks in. And hope you have a nice, quiet, knitterly weekend.

6:41 PM  
Blogger Plain Jane said...

Hugs from the snowy Mitten.. I know that the week has been a tough one.

7:52 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

First off, what are you counting TO? I do feel like my week was much the same... though I got real, and important, tasks accomplished the economy really has me down and worried that I won't make it out the other end... sheesh, I'm too old for this!

8:17 PM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Birdsong?
January 20, 2009 - it can't come soon enough...

10:07 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Here's hoping that now it is Saturday some of these things have resolved (although it is not yet 1/20/09 ...). My verification word is raticura. It seems relevant, doesn't it?

2:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ring-Ring.
Everything is A-OK.

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!