knitnana: Even When They're Very Minor, Tis the Season for Miracles! So My Fingers are Crossed
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Friday, December 19, 2008

Even When They're Very Minor, Tis the Season for Miracles! So My Fingers are Crossed

I have to begin this by saying that after this week, I was truly looking forward to this evening...taking a bit of time for me, to knit. We're hoping for some miracles, too. I stopped by AC Moore with a 50% off coupon, picked up the softest acrylic I could find in a manly color (heathered charcoal gray Caron Simply Soft), and came home to knit the first chemo cap I've made in awhile.

I used this pattern from Stephanie Knits. It looked good in the pattern, but after following it exactly and casting off, I tried it on.

I have a relatively small hand. I know it's a beanie - is this big enough for a full-grown man's head? Are chemo caps for men shorter that regular stocking hats? Beanies are not as deep? This one just barely clips the top of my ears...

(Now obviously I can use it next fall for a donation to NoSoKnit and I have time to knit another chemo cap. (Any ideas for patterns would be welcomed...I'm thinking something with a simple pattern - as much as I love Koolhaas, I don't think I want to knit another one at this time of year!)

I mentioned miracles here - if you have a prayer list? Would you put my two friends on it? Both are really neat guys.

Totally on another plane...when I sat down to knit tonight, I suddenly decided to turn on Lifetime and watch whatever Christmas movie was on at 9, and not watch Rachel Madow (as much as I enjoy her show, I was not in the mood for more news...)

I flipped the channel and came in on the credits rolling before the movie, and before I saw it I thought, is this? REALLY? OMG!

White Christmas?

I've missed it the past couple of years, I can't ever remember to check to see when it's on. And it's ONLY my favorite Christmas movie, as I know you remember...

A love story for adults...
And one for those becoming adults...

And some of the best staging, singing, and dancing there is.

It's such a delightful escape movie - to the Vermont of my family's birth...in the heart of the one season that I adore there.

And everyone who is currently there, is thinking - yeah...they wanted snow in Vermont in that movie - well "We've got SNOW!"

(I probably shouldn't tell you it was 67 degrees here today, should I?)
(((hugs)))

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you could probably just knit longer before decreasing on the pattern you have and get a nice size. Perhaps another two inches - you don't actually want a watch cap, but something to replace the warmth of hair.

Might there be a Ravelry group knitting chemo caps?

7:20 AM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

I love the screen shots -- talk about the perfect Christmas movie :)

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://limulusknits.blogspot.com/2007/11/boy-hat.html

I just made this one for my son. You make it as long as you like then decrease...it is basically a k4,p4 rib then a fun decrease. It is called The Boy Hat on Ravelry.

Praying for healing for your friends.

1:29 PM  
Blogger Geraldine said...

I love White Christmas! Why do the newer Christmas movies seem to be lacking in any warmth? No pun intended.

Sending healing thoughts to your two special friends. They are lucky to have you as a friend Sallee. Hugs, G

12:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!