knitnana: As Promised....
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Sunday, December 28, 2008

As Promised....

A few items that had to remain secret until after the holidays (there are still a couple of things that will be gifted on Saturday this coming week, so I'll have more to show yet)...

A couple of my Mavis knitting bags - this a custom order:
I love this fabric! And it's out of print, of course...
Becky had this fabric stashed away, and asked me to make her a Mavis. What she hadn't expected was that the making of it was my gift to her...Becky has been such a good friend, putting my bags in her shop and not charging me a penny to do so, I thought this was one way to say "thank you!" I do so love Laurel Burch fabrics, and wish I could afford the licensing to use them...but gifting is okay.
;)
This is one of a pair of Anne's Fine Cabled Mitts that I made for my colleage at the office:
I used Knitpicks Gloss fingering and fell madly in love with this yarn. It will be fueling my stash soon in other colors, I know...

And my boss asked specifically for a pair of socks - she wanted wild and crazy, and did not want purple (yes, sure, in MY stash? Can you imagine there's anything without purple there...?)...but what she REALLY wanted was house socks made completely of fun fur.

Um. No. I don't DO fun fur. Well, not any more. And I simply could not imagine trying to turn a heel in fun fur...But she IS my boss and I think the world of her...
So I topped the feather and fan pattern she requested with fun fur to make it, hm...well - FUN!
*wink*
The yarn is Zen Yarn Garden Art Walk Sock Yarn Club "Phenomina" - a rainbow riot of color...my boss liked them a lot, she said...(and the fun fur? Is Lion Brand)

Christmas "vacation" has ended...now it's back to work tomorrow until 1 p.m. on Wednesday - at which point, we get another long weekend...Somehow? These short weeks seem even longer than than they should, doncha know?
(((Hugs)))

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You certainly rose to the challenge of fun, non-purple, furry socks. Bravo!

Now, back to something semi-solid, calm, and perhaps cabled. Ah, knitting peace returns! VBG!

11:39 PM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Wow! You really made a lot of gifts this year! Those socks...wow...just...wow! I love the mitts and the yarn bag is just precious! :)

7:34 AM  
Blogger Pat K said...

Those are some wild socks. Love the mitts.

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never quite understood how removing one work day from the week can make the remainder twice as long!

Love the bags! And the socks -- WOW!

4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My bag is just beautiful and I can't tell you how much I Love it and do appreciate it as a gift very very much!!!! I have been carrying it ever since I picked it up from you! Just looking at it makes me smile! Thank you!!

5:06 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Those socks turned out really well, and just prove what a good person you are -- fun fur, man alive ;)

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!