knitnana: Diversions...
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Monday, January 05, 2009

Diversions...

A couple of little things...since I worked all day, and then came home and donned my Nana Sadie Rose hat and sewed all evening...(nothing you haven't seen before, so I won't reproduce it here)

I cast on last night for something for ME - my own Spiralucious this time ...
in left-over STR Mustang Sally to match my Knotty Gloves in the same yarn...(I'm hoping I have enough to make it through as I haven't weighed or even measured the leftover yardage)

And the other thing I'm trying to do is finish this:

I had no idea what to expect when I ordered this, but what a delight this read has been! I like Barbara's work anyway, and to have a magickal love story, knitting, and Vermont all in one? Well...what fun!

I was gifted with Knit Two for Christmas, but then realized I hadn't read the The Friday Night Knitting Club yet, so ordered it from the library. We have our monthly meeting of the Roanoke Valley Knitters and Spinners at the library on Thursday night, so I'll pick that up then...

Wow. A wealth of little diversions. In a month when I really shouldn't indulge in them at all...
*wink*

8 Comments:

Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Ooh! Good stuff. I'm going to have to try that book out myself -- it sounds right up my alley :)

10:17 PM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

I'm glad you are making something for yourself in a yummy yarn. You deserve it! :)

8:12 AM  
Blogger Pat K said...

Hey! Everbody's got to relax sometime. No guilt!

9:18 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I've never heard of the Casting Spells one. I'm intrigued!

2:45 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

it's good to treat yourself! no one work's harder then you so you deserve it!

3:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need the occaional diversion after work, y'know. Are the rooms put back together? It sounds like a wonderful swap of furniture and more bookshelves is always A Good Thing.

Those spiralicious-eses you made for others are really cute!

3:22 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

Ooooh..more Mustang Sally. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it. I finished Casting Spells over Christmas and I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Happy New Year!

4:27 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

I've heard several good things about that book; I'll have to check it out.

Looking forward to seeing your Spiralicious. I hope the yarn holds out! And, I've been trying to find a mostly reds semi-sold yarn, and had forgotten about Mustang Sally--so thanks for the inadvertent reminder!

Happy New Year!

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!