knitnana: Not Sure I've Been Here Before...
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Not Sure I've Been Here Before...

This weekend is a full-out push to finish orders before other pressing obligations and their deadlines approach. But you know what? When I finish these orders? I won't just be "caught up."

I'll be done.

As in ... they are my last orders. Gasp!

Here's the first of two that are to be completed this weekend:
The fabrics are pretty scarce these days, but that's Knit Pirate in brown and pink from Michael Miller, and it's coordinate, long out of print in that colorway at least, Knitmare on Elm Street. It's a cute set, made up in a Mavis knitting bag and a Glady interchangeables case. This will be shipping out the first of the week to it's new owner...

But really. Since I started this business, I've had orders ahead. Always. With the last order to be completed tomorrow, I'm officially orderless (is that a word?).

Of course, there's the cat show the end of the month, and I have things to make for that, although I'm in fairly good shape for this one (another thing that doesn't happen often, I usually feel I have to make far more bags and accessories than there's ever time to make them.

Anyway, you do know what this means? If you've always wanted to order, but hated to wait the 4-6 weeks to get a custom bag? This might be the time to jump!

lolol

(My brain keeps saying, be careful...you had thought this time might be used well for designing a couple of new items, updating the Etsy shop of ready-made items, and then doing a general straightening and reorganizing of the sewing room....so perhaps I should keep my mouth shut? And it's not like I don't have tons of things to knit, and books to read, and such. I am thinking a nice little break is well-deserved... Still, it's a little unsettling to think there are no orders waiting in the wings?)

All week, I've been working slowly, and in spare moments, on my Mustang Sally Spiralucious...
and it's almost to the point of knitting on the edging. Just a few more rows. I'm fighting the urge to knit faster...because I'm not sure how much yarn I have left. Not sure there'll be enough for the edging (which will really upset me, you know?). I can't unknit any of the Knotty Gloves to find more, either. I LIKE the Knotty Gloves! lol

The Meezer has been a bit of a trial all day - going into different sections of the house and climbing the walls as far as she could, and crying, and crying...I have no idea what is up, tho' at one point, I realized she was eating the aloe plant. That's never happened before and the aloe has been in the same spot, with access, for almost two years. Things have been rearranged so that she can't get to the aloe anymore...

Then tonight, when I finally came upstairs to edit the photos and create this post, I discovered my office chair confiscated by that certain furrperson...

And she made me move! Harrrumph!

6 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

I hope the meez is ok!

4:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm using my Mavis for my sweater WIP and loving it. I think of you each time I see my "kitties with yarn balls" bag.

Oh, Meezer, your fur shines so beautifully. Is that the benefit of the Aloe? Silly kitty!

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay it took me about half way through your post to realize you meant you had no more orders waiting not that you were going out of business. You scared me for a minute. :)

10:42 AM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

It is good to be caught up...take a moment to relax and get a breath before going full tilt again. Mustang Sally is such a beautiful yarn! :)

3:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! You scared me for a minute there, too!

Love the Knit Pirate. I don't usually like pink... but I'm a sucker for pale pink with brown. And skulls with knitting needles... what's not to like there?

Hope Meezer is OK! If it continues you might want to have it checked out. That's how Phoebe acted when her thyroid was out of whack.

Hugs.

11:57 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

i just love that print "knit pirate"! spiralicious is looking beautiful!

5:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!