knitnana: Dear Yarn Goddesses...Hear My Plea?
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Monday, January 12, 2009

Dear Yarn Goddesses...Hear My Plea?

I've reached the point of angst. I am not certain. I am afraid to knit forward, I'm afraid to rip back...Of the three folks I've contacted on Ravelry, there are no available bits of Mustang Sally STR lightweight to be had...and I only have:
less than 15 yards left in which to knit the edging of Spiralucious.

Yes. I could email Tina and say, "Oh please? I'm breaking a promise to myself by buying this one skein of BMFA STR, oh please, Tina, keep my secret, don't tell a soul that 12 days into my pledge to knit from stash, I'm breaking down...begging for one measely little skein of Mustang Sally. Please, Tina?"

Oh I could rationalize. I was using up stash and didn't have enough. So if I frog it, it stays in stash, if I buy another skein, I can use up what I had and make the most of another skein available for something like ... oh! Maybe for SOCKS! (except that I've got all twelve months of the year planned out in socks, and no, frankly I do not need a 13th pair...) Or even, perhaps buy a second skein in Stormy Weather and use the two to make a Chevron Scarf? What a gorgeous combo that would be...

Nope! Not yet, anyway....

I'm going to give it one more try, instead:

If you happen to have some leftovers of this lovely Mustang Sally Lightweight STR from BMFA and would like to help me keep my pledge to knit from stash (and wouldn't mind the bribe of a Nana Sadie Rose cell phone case in trade...) please let me know?

Because otherwise, I might just have to make myself frog this lovely little neckwarmer. It doesn't seem right.
And somehow, this Claudia Chocolate Cherry, while absolutely lovely, just doesn't quite work against that Mustang Sally, now does it?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a big blobby skein, no it doesn't work. As a delicate edge, that second skein might just be a nice punch of color. Hold that thought, in case you don't get more of your original yarn. It might actually turn out to be better than if you had had enough yarn in the first place.

5:15 AM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

http://www.bluemoonfiberarts.com/newmoon/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=182_4_64&products_id=531

Try blue Moon they had it in stock this morning.

Good luck! :)

6:16 AM  
Blogger margene said...

Someone out there must have some MS in STR for you!

10:04 AM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Argh! So frustrating -- and I hate that I don't have any to send you. I still say don't frog it. That particular color isn't the best combo, but do you maybe have some gray left from those lovely socks you knit yourself? That might work...

10:11 AM  
Blogger Pam! said...

I completely understand your angst ... however, I think you should just go ahead and buy it to finish this project. Set the rest aside or try to sell the remainder to someone in the knitting group. It would be a darn shame to frog and do something else!!

11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crossing fingers for you that you find some!

Although IMO, having to buy a skein or two to finish a project is not adding to the stash. It's not going to be stashed now, is it? No. It's going to be used. Clear conscience.

5:27 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

i'm with carrie. buying a skein to finish a project is not adding to stash!

5:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!