knitnana: Paying For My Fun
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Paying For My Fun

While I was very busy the past week, I also was very aware that the possibility existed that I would pay for the fun - I do have an autoimmune disease, and whenever I push too hard, I usually end up with something! Sure enough, I woke this a.m. (after an incredibly challenging - and unusual - day at work yesterday), with lots of flu symptoms - and I have been very lucky not to get the flu this year. I don't think I really have it. It's probably a sinus infection, and the muscular problems are no doubt from over-tiredness, tension, inactivity (like sitting in a car for hours!), and general SLE muscle stuff. Plus we have major weather changes going on which always affects me...

(sigh)
It's okay, It really was worth it all...

So today, in between long streches in bed snoozing, I finished this:

The Atomic 6 Feather & Fan #1 sock - and you can see I immediately cast on for the second one (Thanks, Miss Muffin, for modeling so sweetly)...

Here's a closeup of the colorway. I really LOVE this yarn - STR lightweight - but I'll warn you that it does discolor: my fingers, my bamboo needles! I can wash it off, and I'll try to set the socks with vinegar before I wear them, but be forewarned!

And yesterday evening, I finally broke down and cast on for this:

That's the Meezer yarn from Zen Yarn Garden. Roxanne custom dyed this yarn for me back in 2006 and I've been waiting for the right project (and to get Big Sis's Catharina shawl off the needles, too!).

I've only done 2 repeats of the center triangle, and I don't think I have quite enough yarn to do the entire shawl. I've decided that I won't do the hypotenuse lace edging, and depending on where I stand with yardage at the completion of the center triangle, I may make the other two sides of the triangle a narrower edging than the pattern calls for! It's fine...I hear the shawls in VLT are huge and tend to run a bit over on yardage from what's recommended.

(and may I just say that I LOVE Ravelry for the wealth of information it provides on such things...?)

I'm heading to bed early tonight...Keep fingers crossed it helps this "bug?"

15 Comments:

Blogger Nikki said...

hope you feel much better very soon!!

9:10 PM  
Blogger Geraldine said...

Hope you are feeling better soon Sallee. Rest and relax, you've earned it. Your knitting looks great btw. Take care. Huggs, G

11:27 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

The sock turned out beautiful in that color. I hope the vinegar sets it well.

Hope you feel better after resting up!

3:42 AM  
Blogger Pam! said...

hope an early night did the trick ... love that Meezer yarn!

7:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feel Better and rest, rest, rest!!!

7:33 AM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

I'm sorry you're under the weather. I hope a day of rest had made you feel much better.

8:29 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I hope you feel better soon! That STR colorway is gorgeous.

2:30 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

I love the Atomic sock! It's a shame that the dye rubs off though.

I can't wait to see more of the Meezer shawl!

Feel better soon, dear!

3:16 PM  
Blogger kat said...

get better soon!

4:43 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

Sorry that you are feeling bad!!! Hope you are better soon. Take care of yourself.

8:19 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

I hope this doesn't linger even a little bit and that you feel better soon! (Also, love STR myself, but yup, it does color the ol' fingers during knitting!)

6:31 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

Sallee, I am so sorry you ended up sick! I love the colors of your newly finished sock, and hope that casting on a new lace project is a slight consolation for needing to lay up for the weekend.

6:44 PM  
Blogger Geraldine said...

Just checking in to see how you are feeling.

Huggs, stay warm, get well, G

11:19 PM  
Blogger KnitYoga said...

Oh, no, hope you feel much better soon. I have an auto-immune condition, too, so know what you mean! You have some lovely projects on the go!

6:39 AM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Hope you can rest up and refuel. Your sock is georgous...hope the vinegar bath works. The shawl will be beautiful in Meezer! :)

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!